ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virgin Broadband Problems

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
Since going over from Telewest to Virgin, find the service now is much worse.

Have a webstar DPX or DXP100 modem and it only works on USB connection, which often fails resulting in the need to disconnect everything and reconnect every 5 mins.

Bought an ethernet cable, as one was not supplied. It required a RJ11 to RJ45 and having bought one it does not work.

So stuck with an unreliable USB modem connection whcih is not working at the speed it should.

All phone calls go to India who are not the most helpful, who advise to download drivers when you have no internet connection. An engineer has never been offered to come out and check the modem, they just reboot it.

They are now saying it is the fault of running Zone Alarm as security and that Virgin is not compatible with it.

Anyone else had problems?

And more importantly, anyone run Zone Alarm without any, as if so then Zone Alarm cannot be the cause.

It's causing major problems as a constantly dropping internet connection does not allow any updates to be loaded, so cannot protect the PC from new viruses or spyware. Already fallen foul to key logging software and don't want a repeat.

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
"Have a webstar DPX or DXP100 modem and it only works on USB connection, which often fails resulting in the need to disconnect everything and reconnect every 5 mins."

Just sounds like you don't have your network card drivers installed....

Do you have your original CD's that were supplied with your PC

TeZ

Non RS : (
yes many of my mates have found when we play on 360's other virgin users canty play each other lol some issue with there 'open' settings very odd indeed

exactly the same is happening with our modem... constantly needs restarting etc, dropping connection...

it cant be the drivers as im running the modem straight into an ethernet interface on a linux server, which isnt the problem...

..after going into the modem it seems that the modem is crashing and not being able to come back up, according to the logs...

...im hoping it will resolve itself, because when i phoned telewest they have no idea what theyre talking about imo, as if they knew what they were talking about they would realise its not the drivers on the pc side of things...

Fiat Panda 100hp
i dont have a problem with mine. But mine is a ethernet modem which I just plug into my router. never drops off.

yeah ours is ethernet, must have had it for 6years+ though as thats how long we've been with telewest.... just ever since it changed to shatty virgin and they upped everyone to 10mb its been w**K

Not a Clio
yeah ours is ethernet, must have had it for 6years+ though as thats how long we've been with telewest.... just ever since it changed to shatty virgin and they upped everyone to 10mb its been w**K

Maybe your modem doesn't fully support 10Mb?