ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virgin Media Cable BB - dropping out

Polo + Micra
wondering if any one could help me out trying to figure out what's up with my internet

bought a new router as i was getting crap speeds off my SH. then i was getting pages not loading for like 30 secs then being fine for a bit (5 mins) then same again.

so disconnected new router, back on super hub all was fine for a bit but then lost all internet (VM sent engineer he moved and replaced SH)

now i'm getting similar problems again with pages not loading but everything seems to be fine (wireless signal full and saying connected to internet and even the light are right on the SH) and when it is working i'm getting 60Mb down 3Mb up

to me it seems like the there is a problem between the modem and router within the SH but i'm struggling to get this across to VM.

just wondered if there was something else i could try? also do VM do just a cable modem ? i had much better internet with a CM and my own router.

Clio 172mk2
have you tried more then one pc/laptop to confirm its not this at fault,

If you've set SH as modem then using a standard cable router there isnt much else you can do.

Mine was like it few month ago but only happened for say half hr twice a week but not had it since and ive now got a SH2

yes i used to have just a modem style one, these where what they first handed out to customers. but a SH2 set to modem mode should work identical to this

Polo + Micra
yeah it's every thing connected to it wired or wireless and various OS's.

i'm going to see if i can wangle a SH2 and stick that in modem mode see if it works better than the SH

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I have had a lot of problems with VM at one stage.

I was paying for 50Mb which doubled to 100Mb and yet i was only getting 0.5Mb so i went through 3 Superhubs.

It was the 4th or 5th engineer that went outside to the manhole and plugged in his computer and noticed that it was a problem at there end, After speaking with a mate who works for them he told me to do the following and all my problems would get sorted.

What you want to do is call VM on your home phone during working hours, 9 times out of 10 you will be pumped through to a call centre in another land and all you want to do is ask for the "retentions team" the call centre operator will ask if they can help and just keep saying no until you are put through to the retentions team and you will get to speak to a call centre in the Uk with people that know what they are talking about.
The retentions team and very helpful and once i had took up my complaints with them i have had my VM fixed and i was also refunded for the down time and I'm now running this.

3187510857.png

Polo + Micra
yeah i'm going to see what i can get as i haven't spoken to them for a while to sort out a new deal.

i've only been home an hour and it's dicked out 3 times where it won't access the internet the last my pc actually said it had no internet which is a first.

wonder what days the retentions will be working over the xmas period?

Clio 172mk2
I Would expect them to be working tomorrow, duno about today

https://help.virginmedia.com/system...VM_CUSTOMER_TYPE=Cable&CMD=ESCALATION_REQUEST

bottom of page online chat, thats what i used last time, if they need to they will then phone you. rather then you going through all the soddening menu`s and waiting on phone

id also check if it says the service is ok in yer area. but mine was exact same on sh (sh in modem mode) sh2 wouldnt even work on mine, but they found fault on there side and now it does and its fine.

This is with SH2 to netgear 10/100/1000 switch to laptop
3188237283.png