ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virgin Broadband

1.8 Civic EX
Anyone here use them and having troubles recenlty?

For the last month or so I've had to restart the router and modem as the connection keeps dropping out at least twice a week.

Last night it went on me again but now I just can't get it back at all.

I'll give them a ring after work but just wondering if anyone else is suffereing from simular problems.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Nope, mine never drops. Give them a call, if you get anyone that isn't British, hang up and try again or you'll end up pulling your hair out. That is in no way racist, but on the back of my experience it's what I always do now and am always successful in reporting my problem and getting a good answer.

Do this command:

ping (insert default gateway here, 192.168.1.1 or something it normally is) -l 1000 -t

If it drops packets you'll know something's up with the fibre.

1.8 Civic EX
Nope, mine never drops. Give them a call, if you get anyone that isn't British, hang up and try again or you'll end up pulling your hair out. That is in no way racist, but on the back of my experience it's what I always do now and am always successful in reporting my problem and getting a good answer.

Do this command:

ping (insert default gateway here, 192.168.1.1 or something it normally is) -l 1000 -t

lol and again in English? (serious question I've got no idea what you mean, although I do know what you mean about the call centres)

Mine is flawless. Never skips a beat.

mine has been for years. Been with them since it was NTL, only just the last month or so it's started crapping up. Been on 10mb and normall get around 8-9 when running a speed test

DMS

A thirsty 172
Do this command:

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. If you're pinging your router's IP address (which is always going to be your computer's default gateway), the packets never even leave your home network. So how does that tell you that there's a problem with the fibre?
All that ping command is doing is pinging your router's internal interface with a buffer size of 1000 bytes until you use the break sequence (usually CTRL + C) to stop it.

DMS

A thirsty 172
mine has been for years. Been with them since it was NTL, only just the last month or so it's started crapping up. Been on 10mb and normall get around 8-9 when running a speed test

Virgin have recently made a load of their old DOCSIS-2 equipment redundant without telling anyone. If you've got an old modem such as the Motorola SurfBoard or the Terayon TJ210 which isn't DOCSIS-3 compliant you'll probably find that your modem can no longer connect.
They obviously thought it'd be better to simply cut customers' internet connections off and bullshit them when they ring up to report a fault, than it would be to send them a letter round telling them they need to upgrade their modem.
I'll bet every penny in my pocket (about £3.70ish) that you end up getting a new modem sent out to you.

DCi 100
Oh mines awful (I say mine but I don't pay for it).

Trouble after trouble for so many years. I kept pesturing my parents to ring up and say they're not happy, they'll get it cheaper and they put it off for about 6 months. Finally ring up, £26 a month cheaper.

I was sat on red bar connection all last night on XBL, and have been watching what is like a stop motion animation in slow motion on TV for the past 2 hours as it's terrible.

None
Our 50 meg service has been off for the last two days and has only just come back on, first problem in four months though so can't complain too much, it was our whole area that went down, must have been something big to lose so many homes connections :(.........that guy was right about the call centre staff though, the only one we got any sense out of was when the call was answered by an English woman who bothered to find out the problem for us and give us a straight answer.

BT's call centre staff were a nightmare when we had their broadband, arse and elbow sprung to mind, they never did fix our broadband so we left them for virgin media.