ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virgin - how do they compare?

Nissan Jewk
Just got my utility bill in, being charged the following:

Phone rental - £11.99
TV - XL package (All channels including HD) - £24.50
Broadband - L Package (8 Meg) - £25

£61.49

Also get a loyalty discount of £13.50, which brings it down to £47.99.

Though I've just noticed a "Payment Handling Charge" of £5 (wtf is this?), bringing my total bill to £52.99.

Am I getting a good deal still? I'm not getting the 8 Meg, getting 5/6 meg from memory, though will check again when I get home. Thanks!

I pay virgin £35 a month for 10meg broadband (which is what you should be on as they dont do 8meg anymore) M+ TV, which is now just called M again I think, Line rental, and free weekend calls to landlines.

Payment handling fee will be either for paper bill or not paying by direct debit.

Nissan Jewk
I dont get a paper bill, I get an e-bill and I pay by direct debit... cheeky bar stewards!

Hmmm I remember them saying I would be automatically upgraded, maybe it was to 10 meg and not 8 meg then? I'll check tonight :)

you should see atleast 9meg if connected direct to the router, if not they will normally investigate it as a fault as you arent recieving 90% of the quoted speed.

I'd query the 5er charge then, may have a few 5ers due back, lol.