ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virgin Media BroadBand

White Sti Hatch
Bein a pain in the f**king arse every day!!! every time im on the net as soon as it hits 6 my net slows to a freaking crawl and its doing my box in....In know the cap it at certian times but this is a joke

anyone else have a similar problem ??

ITB BG 182
Yepp, i had a 20 mb connection an come 4pm around here its cut to less than 8meg, its not then put back to 20meg till 2am. Which is when im fast asleep.
Im back on 10meg now and im getting a 12meg connection.... work that one out.

Abarth 500 Essesse
taken 6 months for them to realise the reason i am only receiving 2 meg is due to my modem being registered to another customer, now receiving 10 meg, as i should be, all consistant, not dropping speed at any time day or night really

White Sti Hatch
taken 6 months for them to realise the reason i am only receiving 2 meg is due to my modem being registered to another customer, now receiving 10 meg, as i should be, all consistant, not dropping speed at any time day or night really[/quote

took them a year and a phone call from me to figure out that the 20mb service im paying for wasnt compatible with my old SurfBoard modem....thre usless to say the least !

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Thats cause most of the older modems only had a 10mbit ethernet port on the back lol.. I knew about it beforehand so made sure they delivered me a new modem.

White Sti Hatch
Thats cause most of the older modems only had a 10mbit ethernet port on the back lol.. I knew about it beforehand so made sure they delivered me a new modem.

See i didnt know this till my modem wnet Crazy one day.....Imo they should have had a reccord of everyones contract and be able to tell witch would need upgraded for the service...again another Fail by VM

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
Im glad im not the only one who is having probs with VM. It has been slow as fook for a couple of weeks now and keeps losing connection, grrr.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
See i didnt know this till my modem wnet Crazy one day.....Imo they should have had a reccord of everyones contract and be able to tell witch would need upgraded for the service...again another Fail by VM

TBH you should'nt have been expected to know this. But I guess they thought all the non techy people wouldn't notice.

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
I phoned VM today because mine was getting really bad. The girl on the phone said the signal to my house is fine. They are sending me a new modem :D

Clio 182

How old is an old modem?? I have a Scientific Atlanta Webstar, had it probably a few years now, so I should probably ask for a new one then?? My service is slow compared to what it should be..

14' Leon Cupra 280
The only problem we have with VM is noone can get on Yahoo Mail!? They said it was a known problem and were trying to sort it. How can a company of that size have a problem with such a thing?

185lb/ft dCi
Virgin Media are a joke, they have the best network equipment in the country and they ruin it with such s**t service, capping lines constantly and stupid fair use policies.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
How old is an old modem?? I have a Scientific Atlanta Webstar, had it probably a few years now, so I should probably ask for a new one then?? My service is slow compared to what it should be..

if its a Scientific Atlanta WebSTAR EPC2100R2, then yes.. its quite capable of 20mb/s