ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virgin Media Broadband

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
We have a special deal for long-term "Loyal Customers" anyone else get this?

£65/month for all the channels except Sky Sports/Movies. V+ box in the lounge. Normal box upstairs. XL Unlimited Phone Package with Mobile + International addons & 20MB Broadband. No install charge either :approve:

Pretty good deal. We're Going to find out how much extra they want for 50MB when they pull their finger out and install it down our road!

i MIGHT be reading this link wrong, but isnt this what you have but cheaper?

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/product.do?id=15163

Scirocco GT 2.0
i MIGHT be reading this link wrong, but isnt this what you have but cheaper?

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/product.do?id=15163

Nah it is £20 cheaper but doesn't include international (which we use quite a bit) or mobile addons or the V+ box or the additional box.

And also I think it is £45 + £11 Line Rental or something^^?

We basically have this: http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/product.do?id=11029 with includes the £11
without the Sky Sport/Movies because we wouldnt make use of them anyway

Thanks for the link though!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
386542327.png

this is what i got but means f**k all to me im ment to be getting 10meg

Your getting 8.7mb download speed .

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm on the same deal as Scottydog99.

My Speedtest result, I never have much faith in these tests. I usually max out my Giganews download speed.

386570253.png

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
50mb is completely unrestricted at the moent. There is a 1 off setup fee of £80, doesnt matter if you are old or new customer you will pay it and you will get the most awesome looking modem I have ever seen and a wireless n router. On its own it is £32 a month I think and about £45 inc line rental if taken together. Cant remember fuilly off the top of my head

Scirocco GT 2.0
50mb is completely unrestricted at the moent. There is a 1 off setup fee of £80, doesnt matter if you are old or new customer you will pay it and you will get the most awesome looking modem I have ever seen and a wireless n router. On its own it is £32 a month I think and about £45 inc line rental if taken together. Cant remember fuilly off the top of my head

From previous page:

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/50Mb/index.do

:approve:

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS

how is that a plus point? im only going to shove it out of sight anyway.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
You mean you don't use your modem as an ornament ;) ?

well funny you should mention it, but a few of our christmas lights were out this year, so we just fired the modem on the top of the tree. the blinking lights looked pretty good...

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
well funny you should mention it, but a few of our christmas lights were out this year, so we just fired the modem on the top of the tree. the blinking lights looked pretty good...

You should be on Blue Peter with your vivid imagination and inventiveness lol .

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
never said it was a plus point, just saying it looks the dogs norbs compared to pretty much every other modem i have seen.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
I've just got 10mb broadband, 45+ channels and free weekends with Virgin, costs £28.50 a month, but got £80 credit (£50 for new customer and £30 for recommend a friend). It cost £30 for installation though.

Good deal?

Citroen DS3 DSport
Not bad but I know some people who have pushed for 10mb bb, XL TV and XL phone for under £40 per month.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Think that would be easier to do if you were a current moaning customer, instead of a new one. I'm rubbish at negotiating too.

My dad's on 10mb BB, L TV (V+ box) and L phone for £59 a month, he was forking out something ridiculous (£85 iirc) for 20mb, XL TV and XL phone so he dropped down.

I get a genuine 50mb even at peak times, I have top TV and unlimited landline to landline calls, a box in the lounge and V+ in my bedroom. Think in total its £95 a month, but I dont pay the bill :D

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
20MB here and we get 19.7MB all the time, sometimes higher. Just have to ensure your network card has the correct duplex negotiation settings

huh ?

What does your NIC running a full duplex have to do with a 20mbit connection ?

M2 Competition
403487371.png

On the 10mb service... not bad!

Is £25 a month, but will give them a ring and see if i can haggle lower.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
403593865.png

All installed, working fine although I think I may get the TV Choice on demand now, got moaned at from the missus for not getting it initially heh.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Lol was getting 2mb for all of last night, hadn't downloaded anything so wasn't capped.

Ach well...back up to 10mb just now though.

Citroen DS3 DSport
VM are currently trialling a new traffic management scheme which is even worse than the existing rules. Once throttled your speed will remain at that until the assigned end time each day (23:00) and not time out after 5 hours like the existing policy. Weekends have also been introduced and traffic management could be for as long as 10 hours each day Sat & Sun, 7 hours Mon-Fri.

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/internet/trafficTrial.html

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I do all my downloading during the night, so it doesn't bother me...or at least, it doesn't bother me at the moment.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
lol bye VM. Just gonna be a hassle getting the telephone swtiched back to BT !! grr.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
VM are currently trialling a new traffic management scheme which is even worse than the existing rules. Once throttled your speed will remain at that until the assigned end time each day (23:00) and not time out after 5 hours like the existing policy. Weekends have also been introduced and traffic management could be for as long as 10 hours each day Sat & Sun, 7 hours Mon-Fri.

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/internet/trafficTrial.html

When it says " threshold " 500MB ,1200MB and 3000MB does it mean a maximum of 500mb , 1200mb and 3000mb downloaded then they'll cap you ?

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yes that's exactly what it means. Once capped it will last until 23:00 that day.

I've been comparing prices to see what it would cost to move to BT, SkyHD and O2 Broadband rather than remain with VM, I could save £11 per month.

clio 172 cup
i have sky 8mb but only receive 2mb according to there pc tests and gears of war lags loads i think its due to there wireless router

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
5mb is still much faster than most of the country recieve. it is only in early stages at the moment, may not even roll out on a permernant basis

I'm on VM 10mb and get around 9.5mb so happy with that . I get capped hell of alot now :( ,and that's before their proposed changes .

Trust me mate . If it's one their website and they are trialing it , it will become a permanent feature . They don't do these tests just for fun ;)

Polo Bluemotion
I have 8mb Vm bb, and a phone line, for £10 per month. Ive been with them a few years, and as soon as my 12m is up, i threaten to leave, and they usually end up offering something cheaper. Before i agreed to the new deal a few months back, i was set on moving to o2 bb (as im an o2 employee) Even with the discount i would of got on o2, i couldnt get what virgin offered for a tenner :)

Ive never had any performance issues with them, and i find the cs fine to deal with

Prong

ClioSport Club Member
410476592.png

Never had any problems with virgin broadband. Seem to get a good speed everytime I check

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^^ Download a couple of films a day and you'll soon see your connection speed drop .

I always thought the point of broadband was to be able to download large files quickly , well thats how it was marketed and VM was prominent in pushing the ability to do this . Now if you download large files quickly you get penalised .

Roll on VM 50mb , then people will hit their limit within 10 mintues lmfao .

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
50mb doesnt have a download restriction. Whether that will change in the future when more people take it however god only knows (or neil berkett)

A3 1.8T
My downloads run at a max of 600k suring 2-10 ish and then 2.3mb/s after that. All my downloads done at night so it isn't a issue.

Have spanked the connection with 6 or so Blu-Ray films within the last few days though!