ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mobile phone signal boosters

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Anyone got experience with these?

Debating f**king off the landline broadband as we do well to get 10mb/s when it’s actually working well.

Mobile signal outside Is 30-40mb/s where as inside the best you can get is 2-7mb/s so need to boost the signal inside the house.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
What about near or at a window?

Could you have a 5G modem on a windowsill to do your internet?

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
What about near or at a window?

Could you have a 5G modem on a windowsill to do your internet?

Tried that it’s 7 inside, 40 holding it outside the other side of the glass.

Mad how much the glass affects it.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
When we first moved in the signal was crap, we live on a long road and our house is in a dip. I put a Chinese amplifier/repeater in the loft and it worked well, no signal to pretty much all the signal for anyone who visited.

Since moving to Vodafone signal is great so if you can't be bothered to faf about maybe look into a different mobile provider?

However I would never be without proper broadband, are you in the sticks to only be getting 10mb???!

We are 500mb from BT which came with a free VOIP phone (so no line rent) for £40 a month...

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
When we first moved in the signal was crap, we live on a long road and our house is in a dip. I put a Chinese amplifier/repeater in the loft and it worked well, no signal to pretty much all the signal for anyone who visited.

Since moving to Vodafone signal is great so if you can't be bothered to faf about maybe look into a different mobile provider?

However I would never be without proper broadband, are you in the sticks to only be getting 10mb???!

We are 500mb from BT which came with a free VOIP phone (so no line rent) for £40 a month...

North Wales village for you, I can see the mast from my house so mobile broadband seems a better route.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
I mentioned in another thread..

I have Three 4g broadband, standard router was poop, 8mbps.

I got an antenna but the router picks what it thinks is the best signal, so might pick the slowest tower..

I now run Three on a (£200) 4g Mikrotik router, lock my tower bands, (£70) poynting omni directional external antenna, happy 30mbps.

i now have 2 directional antennas (£100) to put up and should see 50+ mbps, but the roofs wet and I’m not climbing up there and falling off.

with getting, but you may find you need to spend mucho money to get the speeds you what if the signal is poor or your locking onto a slow tower. It might not just be £25 and month and problem solved.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Tried that it’s 7 inside, 40 holding it outside the other side of the glass.

Mad how much the glass affects it.

The windows:

bpanews_9d8cda5e-2b53-40a1-8c96-79e3bacd4ea2_1.jpg