ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virgin Media. FFS

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Internet is currently running at 1.5 meg.(supposed to be 8) WTF?

Rang them up - were currently upgrading all your area to 10meg.

Great. How long will it be because im currently having to bash one out between each page loading (have been trying to post this for 1 hour btw;))

The asian guy, who may i add, speaks very little/poor english. i not know.

So, is there anything i can do about this? been running like this for over 1 week now and its not on IMO.

I was contemplating the falcon punch but this is rarther difficult over the phone.

Advice?

Lupo GTI
Haha, quality VM.
I'm with them too, have the 20mb package, recently i was getting downloads of 5kbs. Not even dial up speeds.
So I rang them and they did the usual line test ect, told me it was my router, so I changed my router with an older one I had, still the same.
Rang them again, got through to some asian guy too, spoke about 3 words of English, told me it wasen't my router but its not a problem on their end and they would send an engineer.

Couple of days past, one came over, spent 5 minutes and told me i need a new broadband box because mines failing to recieve anything.

Why can't the people in India on the phone's see this?
I share your anger though.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
yep.

what pisses me off more is that i have rang them up about 3 times.

all 3 times its been people in india, and all 3 times they have told me something different.

gonna phone up tomorrow and demand an engineer to come out

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I'm with VM , been upgraded to 10mb a few weeks ago . I can get anywhere between 2 mb and 10mb .VM use traffic management . It's usually slower between 4pm and 11pm even thought they say it's between 4pm and 9pm and 10am and 3pm. Apparently this is for the top 5% of heavy downloaders , i regularly get my speeds capped ;) :(

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/internet/traffic.html

Lupo GTI
yep.

what pisses me off more is that i have rang them up about 3 times.

all 3 times its been people in india, and all 3 times they have told me something different.

gonna phone up tomorrow and demand an engineer to come out

Best thing to do mate, I was fuming with mine for days.
Pointless ringing them, its like talking to a pack of monkeys.

SLK 350
LOL NThelL different name, same s**t service. Doesn't matter where you go, it's an industry where apparently service doesn't matter, and the customer is always wrong!

As for Indian call centres, fk them all. Thought we'd finished with outsourcing these days!

Still better than all other providers lol. Worrying when that kind of service is the best there is.

Saying that.. im on the slowest package they do and it always has worked REALLY well. :D

Fiat Punto GT
I'm with NTL, well VM now.

Had a few minor problems over the years, notihng too bad. Even got my bill knocked down a few months ago. Currently paying £28 for 20mb which is being upgraded to 50mb by the end of the year!

Bring it on.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
VM level 2 support is in Glasgow believe it or not, well one big office is in Bellshill, so the English well, is to be dreamed of.

If you do have poor speeds this is most likely between 9am and 5pm is when offices are using it, then after 4pm to 12am kids are on it, so speed suffers then, wait till 12am then do a speed test, watch it get the full 20MB in my case.

Then the line becomes unlimited, thank god for newsgroups :p

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Nope, they are posts on newsgroups, basically most illegal downloads are uploaded from the (groups) ftps to there then filters down to plebs with torrents and gnutella networks.

Trust me, lightning fast downloads.

Check out nzb-matrix for a taster of the files. They are like torrents nzbs and link all the files together.

Lead time on a newsgroup is classed as 0day.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Forget-BitTorrent!-Learn-Usenet,-A-beginner_s-Guid/