ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vista help with windows sidebar

VRS
i have been messing around installing new stuff on my new laptop and somehow the windows sidebar has now gone :(

when i start up the comp i get a message in a little box headed: windows sidebar, saying windows sidebar is managed by your system administrator

i click ok then the box goes but i dont get the sidebar up? now im set up as the system admin and when i go into the sidebar settings i got it set to come up on the right hand side of the screen when windows loads up

but still nothing?

any1 now how i can get it back :(

andy

Have you been playing with group policy? You can prevent it from running under:

User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Conponents -> Windows Sidebar

Group Policy Editor can be run from GPEDIT.MSC

VRS
i will have a look when i gwet home from work

all the options in the control panel suggest it should be there but the group policy thing that spoonie mentions sounds familier

after loading summut on yesterday it mentioned something about conflicting toolbars or something, i clicked it and the windows sidebar dissappeared lol

i will have another go tonight

VRS
Have you been playing with group policy? You can prevent it from running under:

User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Conponents -> Windows Sidebar

Group Policy Editor can be run from GPEDIT.MSC

lol stupid question but where is the user configuration? :(