ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vista Problem..

Doubt anyone knows how to fix this...

dsc00323fc0.jpg

Baring in mind this disk has worked before.

I tried restarting the installation at least 10 times :/

172 Cup
Are you running the installation process from Dos or from an existing version of Windows?

umm.. well i put disk in, set bios to boot from cd drive... and took it from there... formatted on partition, and clicked install... it seems to copy the files across within about 5 seconds so i dont actually think its copied anything, then as soon as it gets to extracting windows files (or somethin along them lines) this error comes up.

172 Cup
I've seen that error before but only when trying to install/upgrade from a previous Windows installation.

:( I even tried installing xp again and then going back to vista from scratch so aint like the hard drives had its time.

I'd just try it again now but Im scared that once ive deleted this partition it wont work and then ive gotta install xp over again and then get everythin how i want it

Original. TBH id probs go back to XP anyway but I wanted some of the features off it. I googled the error code and it just tells me to burn at 1x o0

Clio MK2 (1.2)
hmm avnt got a clue, i had that when i borowed a copy so had to use the original.. btw vista is s**t at the mo, for some reason they still havnt done the files for the drives, cz im gettin probz with my cd drive n dvd drive and i contacted Microsoft and thats the answer i had, so i dunoo why the sell them so early if all the components aint ready...

172 Cup
hmm avnt got a clue, i had that when i borowed a copy so had to use the original.. btw vista is s**t at the mo, for some reason they still havnt done the files for the drives, cz im gettin probz with my cd drive n dvd drive and i contacted Microsoft and thats the answer i had, so i dunoo why the sell them so early if all the components aint ready...

What a load of b*llocks..

That well drafted argument against Vista sounds like a five year old having a rant. I think you'll find many happy Vista users on here and, even though it has a few issues, I've never heard of any problems with drives!?!?

I had Vista running fine with my hardware. I only went back to XP for a few minor problems (nothin to do with performence, was small bits to do with interface that I didnt get on with).