ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vista split screen?

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro
Hi,

I've got a 22inch widescreen monitor and was told that Vista can split the screen and I can effectively run dual monitors on one screen - i.e. split screens...

How is this done? All I really want to do is have a word and excel document half/half on the screen instead of having to re-size things all the time.

I've got a laptop and dock, so could potentially use the laptop screen as a 2nd monitor but would prefere not too as the 22inch is nice on its own!

Cheers,

Phil

Cupra
I use Gridmove on my 24 inch. You can specify the size of the splits on the screen and it automatically resizes windows to fit them with various hot keys/ actions etc.

It even works on dual screens too which is pretty handy.

Free too!

Cupra
GridMoveSmall.gif

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
my comment was to the op, as he says he wants a 50/50 split :) (i know that sounds like a cheeky comment, but its not lol)

also just noticed the o/p says he thought about using his laptop as a second monitor. i dont think you can do that, as you have no input, just an output on the laptop. or at least, i do, and thats what im basing my answer on.

Better than yours. C*nt.
also just noticed the o/p says he thought about using his laptop as a second monitor. i dont think you can do that, as you have no input, just an output on the laptop. or at least, i do, and thats what im basing my answer on.

Second monitor ON his laptop - he's running his 22in off his laptop (through the port on the dock) and can then use the laptop screen as an additional monitor.

Entirely possible - use Fn+F8 to switch between the various modes chap.

Alfa GT
my comment was to the op, as he says he wants a 50/50 split :) (i know that sounds like a cheeky comment, but its not lol)

Guy who sits right in front of me at work does it Scotty Boy so your wrong :approve:

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
lol. i read the post wrong. i read it like he had a pc with a monitor, and wanted to use the laptop as a second monitor. so my answer was correct, just not for this question.