ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Volvo V40

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
As it's clean I thought I'd stick some pics up of my new to me 2013 V40 D2.

Having just bought a house and got a dog when my 207 went wrong the hunt was on for something sensible but still nice.

Joint purchase with the Girlfriend and the V40 was all we agreed on.

Found this low mileage well specced R-Design Lux Nav with Winter Pack at a good price so snapped it up.

Some of the spec -

Xenon Headlights
Heated Leather Seats
Heated Front Screen
Rear Parking Sensors
Panoramic Sunroof with power blind

Think most other bits are standard fit.

Took it to @Scrooge 2 weeks ago for the paintwork to be tidied up a bit but the weather as so poor we could get no pics.

Few boring snaps on the driveway this morning after a freshen up.

3cebb3eb5d61149b85035aee69cecf84.jpg
4566b3d5b77655d21abcb31e3a5222ed.jpg
469e19364e16c5982f8443b5c3c58c7e.jpg
36889c395fd22a6ad25e0fdc4a9ff494.jpg
defdf682d7d4e5429ac7731a59810a5e.jpg
b38ddfa357aa833befc758eea84843fe.jpg

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
It was great meeting you the other day mate, loved the car, the paint really was a lovely colour. Sooo much pop!

Hadn’t realised how nice the seats were until I saw the pic above either!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Nice cars these, but how can they still make the dash look that bad? IMO though.
It is a bit busy, Slightly newer models lose the metal strip up the middle.
The actual dash display is quite pleasant though.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Looks nice mate! I love my V40 for a family mobile but I hate the Passion Red paint.

Have you got the illuminated gear stick?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Looks nice mate! I love my V40 for a family mobile but I hate the Passion Red paint.

Have you got the illuminated gear stick?
I was keen on Red but she didn't like it.

Yep I've got the illuminated gear knob [emoji23]

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Thread Bump.

Volvo panicked at a Deer getting in front of the car and set off the Pedestrian Protection System 🤦‍♂️

Deer never even touched the car but.....

20220105_185728.jpg

Bonnet hinges raised and airbag to protect from Pedestrians from the windscreen deployed.

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
Well that’s pretty damn clever….!!

Except it going off without hitting the deer thing.

And the cost to fix it? 😬

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
How have you found ownership of this?
I am picking one up on Wednesday as a daily. V40 R-Design, black, very similar to yours but without the Pano roof.

Didn't realise it had this system. Is that connected to the auto brake thing then?

Edit, just seen you went from a 207 to one. Exactly what I'm doing 😂. I just want some comfort going to work.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Wow not having much luck with cars, iirc your other half crashed the other car you have/did have?

Yep crashed the BMW I was about to sell into our own house 🤣

I mean she didn't hit anything this time but has probably caused more of a bill to repair 😫

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I am picking one up on Wednesday as a daily. V40 R-Design, black, very similar to yours but without the Pano roof.

Didn't realise it had this system. Is that connected to the auto brake thing then?

Edit, just seen you went from a 207 to one. Exactly what I'm doing 😂. I just want some comfort going to work.
What engine mate?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member

Nearly 4 years later and we're still happy with it.
Yes I'd have preferred a D4 but we went with spec when buying it.
No big issues with it. Being '13 plate the Maps don't get updates which is a mild annoyance and the DRLs turn off when the headlights go on, silly things bit generally a nice car.
Havi g 2 dogs and a baby in hindsight we'd have got a V60.
Liked the Volvo so much we added an XC60 to the drive last October for the extra space.

20211009_105809.jpg

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member

This is the airbag that went off, watching how aggressive that is makes me think the bonnet must have some damage the way it smashes it out of the way.
I'll look in daylight.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Wife just rang Volvo who quoted £970 to sort the airbag and module IF there is no bodywork damage (Lilely to use caused some twisting of the bonnet), so we've got to take it to the bodyshop for inspection before we can book it in 🤞

clio 220 trophy
love my V40 t5 8 gear auto polestar 250bhp volvo its a great car & relaxing for long distance drives. But for fun I love my 220 Trophy more, its a more involved driving experience. The V40 is a great car enjoy it. Cheers.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone able to give me a ballpark figure of cost to tint the rear windows and boot?

Our XC60 has tinted glass and with pretty much all car blinds being annoying and s**t I'm tempted to just get the rear tinted for the sake of the little one in the back.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Volvo do proper fitted blinds for the C30, maybe they do them for the V40 too? Admittedly, my back windows don’t open so that would alter the faff level, but they do keep the car cool (it was 34 according to the car today and BabyGherkin was just fine)

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
I had some car shades in my old m135. Worked fairly well but the view out the rear window was a bit obscured as it’s 2 pieces that join in the middle

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve got some genuine Volvo ones in the garage somewhere from when I had my V40. Are you going to CSF?