ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vosa/police vehical checkpoints

182FF
Anyone know what they check your vehicle for? Would they find a decat? Do they check if you have declared your mods to ur insurance? Sorry if this has been posted in the wrong section guys!

Last edited:
  Clio rs 200
Depends why they are looking at your car in the first place. If its a standard copper i.e not traffic they will just see if your insured and the main things like lights. If its a traffic officer then they will most likley check everything. if you dont tell your insurance company about mods traffic will check.

Dip the tanks, noise checks, emissions, tyres...depends what mood they are in/what their initiative is for the week. Also depends on what targets they got to meet ;)

GW 200 Gone :( BG182
Dip the tanks, noise checks, emissions, tyres...depends what mood they are in/what their initiative is for the week. Also depends on what targets they got to meet ;)

^^^ This, so decat will probs fail noise and emmisions

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I imagine it would depend on the officer. If they push the issue, could they go for no insurance if it's not declared?

Noise isnt part of a car MOT?

I've sat and watched them dish out fines down my local 'gathering' spot. VOSA van hiding, traffic car hiding. As soon as a loud car comes round the corner they get ushered into a space where the sound meter on a tripod comes out. Often followed with a wad of paper work and a very angry youth.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Any increase in volume from the figure quoted on the cars V5 is an MOT failure. It's at the MOT testers discretion however.

Love my MOT guy, he told me to stick a decat on to get a bit more noise lol

LY R26 230 F1 Team
How do supercars get away with stupid loud exhaust systems?

There's a Ferari California by me and that is far far louder even at low speeds than my Yozza Race

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Because they are like that as standard.

This much I understand.

What I was trying to get at was the classification of noise polution.

If Mr Averave Joe buys a standard car, the exhaust rots and it gets replaced with an aftermarket exhaust system from his local quick fit - not a performnace system and it's louder, is the average joe then breaking the law?

Bit of a grey area IMO