ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vr6 is in!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
They sound better with boost :D

My mates had a few, I've driven some of them and been passenger in others, they sound addictive but in a mk2 they're no faster than a 172/182

120d M Sport
People keep saying "shame these aren't very fast".

I'm perfectly happy to be corrected if I'm wrong here, but surely a 198bhp V6 (correct?) in an old MK2 shell should still shift?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
People keep saying "shame these aren't very fast".

I'm perfectly happy to be corrected if I'm wrong here, but surely a 198bhp V6 (correct?) in an old MK2 shell should still shift?

I think it's quick - certainly cliosport quick if not a little quicker.

120d M Sport
In the grand scheme of things, and by that I mean day to day traffic, it's pretty quick then, with relatively little outlay? Seems a savvy move to me!

120d M Sport
Just checked and it appears you're right...Not sure where I got 198 bhp from!

Being close to a 172/182 sounds about right then?

Lionel Richie
a few of my mates have mk2 VR6's, about on par in a straight line, braking and handling wise they're a bit "old"

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
a few of my mates have mk2 VR6's, about on par in a straight line, braking and handling wise they're a bit "old"

I didn't want to go wide track on mine as wanted to retain four stud wheels so have not gone for the vr6 discs at the front but am running g60 disks instead. They're definately not in the same league as a modern
hatch when it comes down to handling but it's not a car that I've bought for that, more of a cruiser but now I have got the power when I need it.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
But I don't think it's that difficult if you know what you are doing. I used a mk3 golf vr6 as my donor but if I was to do it again I'd probably spend a little more and get a corrado vr6 as a donor instead.

The lad who did mine had a mare with the wiring
so this slowed the process a little.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yep the Golf is a 2.8 - 170bhp. Corrado is a 2.9 with 190bhp.

We did a 2.9 conversion into a Mk2 within a day. The only delay was wiring to get it to start which swict did on his in 30mins for £40.00. Even still retains the vagcom port thingy.

165713_189602817731122_185172388174165_619428_5022649_n.jpg

The cars on the road now but no updated pics. Much prefer your blue over the white.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Ive just been reading in E38 about VR 1/4's. A chap on the weekend with a standard 2.8 VR in vento with leather etc ran 15.5. Id say in a mk2, provided healthy they must be quicker than a clio sport in a straight line? Just not round the track.

Last edited:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
That looks awesome (and sounds it!)

I trust passenger rides will be available at the next meet ;)

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
That looks awesome (and sounds it!)

I trust passenger rides will be available at the next meet ;)

Looks can be decieving mate! The cars crying out for a dent man and respray.

Passenger rides definately on the cards mate. You can just take it out if you want, just don't bend it!

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
Yep the Golf is a 2.8 - 170bhp. Corrado is a 2.9 with 190bhp.

We did a 2.9 conversion into a Mk2 within a day. The only delay was wiring to get it to start which swict did on his in 30mins for £40.00. Even still retains the vagcom port thingy.

165713_189602817731122_185172388174165_619428_5022649_n.jpg

The cars on the road now but no updated pics. Much prefer your blue over the white.

that looks awesome! What gearbox shafts do you use for this conversion?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Each to their own but I personally think it makes the front end look 10x better!

I guess so. I cant see how it looks better than this though -

3006f891.png

Maybe just get slightly smooked headlights.

Next you'll have clear indicators..:(

197 FF Glacier White
Looks great, I'm a sucker for a tidy mk 2. I'd keep them rims, that's a good look as it stands.