ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vredestein Ultrac Vorti - Anybody Used Them?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Anybody used them, on any car in any size?

From what I have read, they supersede the Ultrac Sessanta (which I thought were great). Doesn't seem to be many reviews around however.

Ta.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They still make sessantas though? They are utterly brilliant tyre, really nothing in that price range could touch them imo.

I would buy them on any future car. I know a chap that has 4 on each of his 3 cars, Mk1 Frs, Mk2 Frs and DS3. Simply brilliant.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
They certainly do supersede the Ultrac Sessanta or at least they will eventually in certain sizes. Just listed them on our website (Camskill).

Meant to be a very good tyre, certainly aimed more at high performance rather than fuel efficiency in the new ratings.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
They still make sessantas though? They are utterly brilliant tyre, really nothing in that price range could touch them imo.

I would buy them on any future car. I know a chap that has 4 on each of his 3 cars, Mk1 Frs, Mk2 Frs and DS3. Simply brilliant.

You can still buy them, yes. I can only assume they're still making them as well and will eventually reduce production. Think they've been on the go a while now.

They certainly do supersede the Ultrac Sessanta or at least they will eventually in certain sizes. Just listed them on our website (Camskill).

Meant to be a very good tyre, certainly aimed more at high performance rather than fuel efficiency in the new ratings.

Excellent, cheers. Yeah I had a look on the Vredestein website which now has the new labelling. Fuel rating was rather low but TBH that's not really high on my list of requirements. I'll give them a try.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
You can still buy them, yes. I can only assume they're still making them as well and will eventually reduce production. Think they've been on the go a while now.

Excellent, cheers. Yeah I had a look on the Vredestein website which now has the new labelling. Fuel rating was rather low but TBH that's not really high on my list of requirements. I'll give them a try.

Drop me a pm if you like, will see if I can sort you a bit of money off them.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I'll keep that in mind, thanks. Probably looking to buy in a month or two, I'm just weighing up my options just now.

Just another quick question, I'm reading that there are two types? One design for the front axle and another design for the rear axle? The rears have wider grooves to aid with balance? I can't see any mention of this on the Camskill website. That's not a dig, because mytyres.co.uk don't seem to mention it either.

They're turning out to be a bit of a pain in the arse.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I saw that on the advert for them but there is nothing mentioned in the spec we received off them or on their own order system we use online. I can enquire for you if you like.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Thanks, I've actually fired Vredestein an email. I'll post their reply when I get it. I'm thinking that they might recommend the specific rear design if you're putting several hundred HP through the rear wheels, with the regular tyre being ok for Joe Bloggs in his FWD hot hatch. I dunno though, I'll soon find out.

225 Cup & Williams
First I've heard of this new model tyre from them. I'm on to my 2nd set of sessantas on my 225 and I think they are brilliant.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Thanks, I've actually fired Vredestein an email. I'll post their reply when I get it. I'm thinking that they might recommend the specific rear design if you're putting several hundred HP through the rear wheels, with the regular tyre being ok for Joe Bloggs in his FWD hot hatch. I dunno though, I'll soon find out.

Had a look at the brochure for this tyre this morning, still nothing set in stone about what determines a front tyre from a rear but I see what you mean about the extra groove for the rear specific tyres.

My guess is the sizing, the width being 225,235 and 245 and the rears being the wider range like the 255,275,285 and the 295. The brochure does say they are designed for cars like Maserati Quattroporte sport, Aston Martin Virage and Mercedes Benz CLS. Which all have wider rear tyres.

If you find out any answer please let me know, as I could do with changing the picture of the wider sized ones on the website.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
For those who are/were interested.

Dear _________,
Thank you for your interest in our product.
There are five sizes in the specific rear design.
that are:
1. 285/30 ZR 19 98Y Ultrac Vorti
2. 275/35 ZR 20 102Y Ultrac Vorti
3. 285/35 ZR 20 104Y Ultrac Vorti
4. 275/30 ZR 20 97Y Ultrac Vorti
5. 295/30 ZR 20 101Y Ultrac Vorti
This sizes are only available in the rear design en not with the normal Vorti design.
We hope this answers your question. In case you have more questions, please don't hesitate to mail us, we are always prepared to answer them.

With kind regards,

Apollo Vredestein BV

Rien Schoolderman
Tyre Information Centre

So it is indeed the wider sizes that have the specific rear design.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
For those who are/were interested.

So it is indeed the wider sizes that have the specific rear design.

Thanks for that! We were just waiting for email confirmation too but I thought thats what the deal would be with them.

Shall update our website with correct image now.