ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VW Metal Pin Art

Hi All,

I took this photo of some metal pin art and I got some relatively "matter of fact" feedback on Flickr. I didn't think it it was THAT bad, so I was hoping to get more of an insight on what people felt and why?

It's a very simple picture. I toyed with having it in a desk environment, but thought better of it.

8365059849_04488c28aa_z.png

Thank you,

Tom.

Nothing wrong with the composition or setting, in my opinion (it wouldn't have looked right in the centre).

The pin thing could possibly have done with a bit more light on it though, it looks quite 'flat' and needs to pop out a little more. Some daylight reflected on it or something would probably do the trick.

Hi Tom the image is a little lacking in contrast and I would even say underexposed slightly.

If it were me I would go for a much closer 'macro' style shot and ensure everyone of those pins was 'perfect' - theres a few holes where pins haven't been pushed out enough. Add in some strong lighting and you'll have an ok picture. i don't think it has the potential to be stunning though.

Prove me wrong :p

Cheers man! I'm always ruddy underexposing! I brought it up a stop or two, so that's a shame. You're the second person to say that now. :(

As for the holes in the pins - it was so hard! I spent about 30 minutes getting it to that! Perhaps I needed more time haha.

I agree about getting it perfect though. It could be better. I also think it's a little flat, in retrospect. Like, I should have made it angular or something....

Thanks for the feedback man. That's the sort've reply I was chasing! :)