ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

vx220t with milltek backbox (video)

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
More so than that one. Still sounds quiet to me.

car doesnt need to be loud to sound good. i woulnt want a loud exhaust, leave that to the boys in their saxos.

exhaust is a factory fitted option on the VXR model

Exactly you want a bit of taste rather than something that deafens you and pedestrians.

Sounds nice without being in your face.

no mpg calculator thing but i think its similar to 182..

take it easy and you prob get 32ish?
boot it and it goes a bit more.

should be fitting turbo downpipe / precat replacement pipe on sat!

think the sound will change again.

sounds nice at the mo when it pops on gearchanges and pops when you let off and 'engine brake'.. hopefully it will pop better :)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Has it got a downpipe cat yeah? Get rid! Best thing i did! Turbo spools much quicker and yeah it'll make it louder!! The turbo is also much more audiable! (sp?)

it has a 'pre cat' in the downpipe, (which will be dissapearing on sat hopefully)
and it has a cat in the mid section which shortly will be replace for a 200 cell motorsport cat..

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Same as me then. Had mine fully decated 3" back but it was just too loud. Sports cat keeps it reasonable

yeah i dont want anthing too stupidly loud.. not exactly much in the way of sound deadening in the car.. lol

sounds pretty mean at the min as all you hear is the turbo blowing like f**k through the exhaust and it popping on gearchange. should be a bit more fierce once this is on:
IMG_0379.JPG

and the stills from the filming session

http://www.guysleeman.co.uk/gallery2/v/vxt/oldplace/

got lots of on car bullet cam footage too but cant be arsed to edit it yet.. lol