ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VXR Killer... Busted!

megane 285 sport
tinted windows, b******s, didnt even know they were illegal, was like it when i brought it from renault. made me rip them off and got a court summons

BMW E92/Audi S3
Ouch. How the hell did you take them off!?!? Peel the b******s? Cruel as f**k that.

megane 285 sport
the copper had a knife, got it started, but only ipped a section off through the middle, and he said that will do for a good gesture, now the other, which come off all in one, but that glue is a b*****d to come off the windows.
going down renault later to see what they gota say.

LY R26 230 F1 Team
the copper had a knife, got it started, but only ipped a section off through the middle, and he said that will do for a good gesture, now the other, which come off all in one, but that glue is a b*****d to come off the windows.

Good luck, you'll need it...

Ph 1 172
surely the copper has no right to tear them off with a knife should damage the window and claim costs against him lol.... when i got told too take mine off they gave me 10 days if i remeber rightly and then i had to take me car down to show that the tint had been removed

Id be kicking up a fuss they sold it like that with illegal tints, They will probably argue its not there fault and you should have know better.

I would atleast want the tints removing for free, But i dont know if id trust them to do a good job on that.

Audi TT
All depends on how bad the tints are. If they're really bad then the car can be given a prohibition notice there and then which means only way it's moving anywhere is on the back of a trailer or if the tints are removed.

On an ANPR attachment I had to make a few people remove them at the roadside. There's varying levels of punishment dependent on how little light the side windows are letting through. Put it this way if you have an accident where you've pulled out on someone and you've heavy tinted windows then you are going to get seriously bent over at the magistrates court.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
surely the copper has no right to tear them off with a knife should damage the window and claim costs against him lol.... when i got told too take mine off they gave me 10 days if i remeber rightly and then i had to take me car down to show that the tint had been removed

*Gstar beat me to it lol but oh well!*

it depends on how dark they are, if ther are just slight tints they let u drive the car away but give you 3-10days to remove , if they are very dark they can stop you from driving the car any further or they will ask you to remove them, they did that with ma mate.

as said mate Gl with Renault!

Clio 197 + Mrk 3 DCI
No way lad...thats bad news, west mid rozzers are relentless arnt they.... Got any images of what the car looked like with the tints? Ive got some on the back of my 197 but they were factory fitted...

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'm assuming it's the drivers/passengers side windows? Any tint darker than standard is illegal iirc, with good reason.

Audi TT
No way lad...thats bad news, west mid rozzers are relentless arnt they.... Got any images of what the car looked like with the tints? Ive got some on the back of my 197 but they were factory fitted...

Can block off the rear sides if you want mate as no legal limit on them

I'm assuming it's the drivers/passengers side windows? Any tint darker than standard is illegal iirc, with good reason.

legal limit is blocking up to 30% of light through the window. This confuses a lot of people as they go to a tinting place and get 30% tints on not realising that their car from the factory already came with 15% tint for example.....

We've got a few Tintmasters which is a little machine that you place either side of the glass and it gives you a reading of the amount of light passing through it.

Not always needed as it's usually pretty easy to see if someone is having a giraffe!

Round my way it's all the posh old boys and girls in their Range Rover Sports etc that seem to be having the glass too dark....

megane 285 sport

yeh mate check my other thread ou, " pics of me car"

they were bad tints when he measured them 25%, but you could easily see through them they didnt look that bad, they were lighter then the factory fitted backs

182Cup, MinesGTR R35
I got 50's all round there realy light you cant even tell the car has tints unless its parked in a dark unlit street. Got a £30 fine and that was it. He sed he cant make me remove them (he has no power to) but if he see's me again he will fine me again. Had these tints on for over a year and only find once.

Megane Mk4
One of my friends learned the hard way a couple of years back, killed a biker because he didn't see him before pulling out. He's just finished serving a 7 year stretch for a piece of sticky vinyl.. It's not worth it IMVHO

Get on to Renault and complain they've sold a vehicle unfit for it's purpose and not road legal.

Last edited:
  Golf GTD Mk7
I don't understand this really. You buy cars with tints already in from dealers, so it must be legal to a degree. The X5 windows are really dark and it's not like you can peal them off.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Motor Vehicles first used: before April 1985 on or after April 1985

Windscreen 70% 75%

Front side windows 70% 70%

This is the ammount of light that must filter through your window.
Taken from the vosa website...

One of my friends learned the hard way a couple of years back, killed a biker because he didn't see him before pulling out. He's just finished serving a 7 year stretch for a piece of sticky vinyl.. It's not worth it IMVHO

Get on to Renault and complain they've sold a vehicle unfit for it's purpose and not road legal.

Not being cocky, just unsure - what if you've got sunglasses on? Surely they are just as bad as tints??

Audi TT
Not being c**ky, just unsure - what if you've got sunglasses on? Surely they are just as bad as tints??

lot of proper sunglasses will say "not suitable for driving" on the promotional material.

It's a good point you raise and if the officers attending an RTC felt that the sunnies could have played a part in an accident they'd be seized as evidence and then this possibility looked at by the accident investigators. Only really in cases where people really hurt or worse killed obviously, not just a 5mph bump in tesco car park!

lot of proper sunglasses will say "not suitable for driving" on the promotional material.

It's a good point you raise and if the officers attending an RTC felt that the sunnies could have played a part in an accident they'd be seized as evidence and then this possibility looked at by the accident investigators. Only really in cases where people really hurt or worse killed obviously, not just a 5mph bump in tesco car park!

Thanks, you just see loads of people driving around with crappy sunglasses on and im sure they are worse than any tints.

Audi TT
I've got some Bolle pink tinted sunnies that are awesome for driving in especially at night with oncoming traffic as I'm particularly light sensitive so it reduces all the glare. They're polarized as well.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Thanks, you just see loads of people driving around with crappy sunglasses on and im sure they are worse than any tints.

You're correct. Which is why it's also illegal to drive at night in spectacles with a tint greater than 15%.

megane 285 sport
didnt know they were illegal as they looked alot lighter than the back, never brought any tints to no better, but hay s**t happens

MG ZR+ 105
see it on traffic cops all the time because it comes standard on some range rovers

the copper usually makes you rip it (so he cant get done) and they usually just make you rip a tiny bit so that it looks stupid and you'll go home and take the whole thing off

megane 285 sport
not been yet,waiting for the summons to come, thats if it comes, because i didnt see any paper work when he done me and didnt sign or given any paperwork, just told it was a court summons

Clio 197 + Mrk 3 DCI
not been yet,waiting for the summons to come, thats if it comes, because i didnt see any paper work when he done me and didnt sign or given any paperwork, just told it was a court summons

Ah man...I hope it all goes well anyhow. Take it you will be going to the courts in Wolves?