ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VYNAL WRAP ??

182cup & 172 racecar
Need 2 doors doing in plain gloss white.

Whats the best stuff to get, or does anybody fancy doing it for some coins.

Plain fiberglass doors, no glass etc.

​Thanks.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Tony, James (Bigash) has done wrapping I believe. I'd speak with him, he may be kind enough to do yours!

Lol at Vynal. Vinyl you old chuffer, vinyl. Spelt like the things they used to put music on, played on a gramophone, you'll know all about them given you are from the victorian era. :)

old-fashioned-gramophone-23518578.jpg

182cup & 172 racecar
Lol, wasn't really thinking when I typed it.

It can't be that hard surely, esp on doors with nothing in or on them.

​Help!!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Quite frankly, I reckon you'd be more than capable of doing it, especially for the race car given it doesn't need to be 'showroom finish' I assume?

Its a two man job though, difficult if you have no fwends. If these goons can do it (ignore the chavvy intro music), I'm pretty sure you and an assistant can give it a whirl.

Last edited by a moderator:
  182cup & 172 racecar
I'm going to try wrapping mine tony. Looks easy on YouTube lol. James recommends mdp suplies. They're bound to not match your existing colour though.

Who cares, white is white, there is about 4 different whites on there atm. As long as it goes fast, I don't really mind too much.

182cup & 172 racecar
Bring it to Cadwell and we can do it Friday night. Have you measured the doors? I'm sure I used just over 3 metres doing mine

​Lol, I haven't got room for 2 clio doors as well. And my mistake, I ordered 4m, just incase. Bound to fk it up somehow.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Thanks for bringing this up tony, I can finally get my roof wrapped as I can't be arsed to remove the sunroof to paint it :eek:

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
If I had the time I would Tony lol, it's a piece of cake to do.

JP lives near you? Two of you will have it done in no time.

Clio 182 arctic
Have you given it a go yet?
If not then a few pointers first...
Don't copy the youtube video above, it wont last in the areas that it has been stretched how they did it. If you have to stretch the vinyl then don't just heat the last 2 inches that you need to stretch, heat it from a good 12 inch area, that way you only put a small amount of stress on a larger area rather than a huge amount on a small area.

Got my whole car done in Ritrama from www.mdpsupplies.co.uk. its really durable stuff and comes with a 7 year life span. there is alot of different types of vinyl on the site but its good quality. i was able to do with 15 meters

Also when wrapping i would suggest leaving the front and rear bumper to last as these are the trickiest bits. saying that though the sport bumpers look easier than the bumpers i have as theirs less technical bits.

i have a thread on it but its not in that great detail.

Last edited: