ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

W Clio Mk2 Ph1 - worth it?

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Hi all

Any thoughts welcome.

I went to view a little red Clio, phase 1 model 1.4 Si.

It's only done 24,000 miles and it's honestly mint. One owner from new but no service history. Guy was very honest said it was going to be scrapped but he tidied it up so obviously some decent profit in it for him.

It's up for £1450, I viewed it and offered £1k,he said 1200. It's left with me thinking about it.

I don't realllly need it, but I like it. It's on a private plate as well, 2 keys.

Any thoughts on price? I'm confident it's a good, genuine car. Believe it was an old couple who are sadly now in a home. V5 all checks out.

I tried we buyanycar as a gauge.... £165 😂

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
£1200 sounds good to me.
For reference I sold that lupo on 80k for £950 and could've got more I'm sure. It was rough and being a basic lupo, a bit s**t. No history either.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Well I'm chuffed.

I will stick a thread up but it drives spot on the inside is genuinely like new, even smells it.

Couple oddities I think. One owner seems an older couple that were put into a home this was then destined for the scrap. Mental. However the alloys are from a mk2? Also boot light and rear number late are LED's. Passenger door handles and rear boot button are sprayed red. Seems a little odd. But I really do think it's genuine.

IMG_20240919_180644.jpg

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
those are 172 16s by the look of it, boot badge, fog surrounds, door handles and spoiler have been painted red.

it doesn't have a sunroof which was the attraction for me haha, didnt know that was even possible i thought all ph1 non RS had sunroofs??!

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
those are 172 16s by the look of it, boot badge, fog surrounds, door handles and spoiler have been painted red.

it doesn't have a sunroof which was the attraction for me haha, didnt know that was even possible i thought all ph1 non RS had sunroofs??!

So they are. I thought they were 15's. Spare one in the boot along with a unused tool kit and steel wheel.

I did wonder about the spoiler and front fogs.

Going to try and do some digging. Does anyone know if Renault keep history records?

The plate and one owner is on the V5. Maybe passed down a family but not changing the V5. Just assuming.

Was originally from Renault Solihull going by the two key rings.

2014 Clio 200t edc
That looks mint, but we definitely need more pictures!! 172 wheels look good but it needs a slight drop…..