ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wahoo, pressed plates

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Big thanks to Alex at Elite Car Care, very pleased with them! Was nice to have them sealed in plastic too, you don't get that in Halfords! :thumb:

Only put the rear plate on tonight as I wanted to see them on! :D Really good quality plates, I will be buying a set for Daily Daisy too

Only a couple of rubbish phone piccies, can't find my charger for the camera :eek: sorry!

0_0-32.jpg

0_0-33.jpg

Big smiles :D

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
no really they are road legal my luv ;)

lolz Rob, I'm working on finding my camera charger! :S

LY 182
I actually really don't like pressed plates. Much prefer a clean standard plate with no other text or borders etc.

As long as you like em though!

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
really? Mate has had them on his twingo for the past three or so months now & no troubles?

They are 100% road legal, I'm the last person to put non legal bits on the motor (im a wuss really) ;)

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
They look nice :)

As long as they carry the BSAU145d number in the right hand corner, are reflective in white and yellow and have the makers mark and postcode they are leagal :)

Never above 25mpg
really? Mate has had them on his twingo for the past three or so months now & no troubles?

They are 100% road legal, I'm the last person to put non legal bits on the motor (im a wuss really) ;)

Swear it was something I read on pepipoo once. Do look good though :)

133 CUP - B&W ID

That would be me! Had them on the 133 since March and been pulled with them adn the copper agreed they were fine.

1.2 MK2
mate ive had a set of pressed plates on for around 7 months now ... they are 100 percent NOT legal - non reflective, height and width of letters is wrong and the spacing is wrong ... never been pulled once and passed my MOT with them last month :) i wouldnt worry, i suppose its just your luck though ! lol

Bux

Golf GTD
mate ive had a set of pressed plates on for around 7 months now ... they are 100 percent NOT legal - non reflective, height and width of letters is wrong and the spacing is wrong ... never been pulled once and passed my MOT with them last month :) i wouldnt worry, i suppose its just your luck though ! lol

Not all pressed plates are like this. There are some places which do make them reflective, with the correct spacing and the correct sizes, and are legal; dubmeister for example.

1.2 MK2
yeah i found out about the legal ones from dubmeister after i bought the ones i currently have ! lol i wouldve went with the legal ones if id known but ive had no bother with my illegal ones yet so happy days :) lol

None of them are legal.

If the Police stop you they aren't going to take any of notice when you say 'But Dubmeister say they're legal' or 'I have this bit of paper' you're just going to get a ticket and then probably another one because you've been arguing with them and you've annoyed him.

They're just a massive 'Please pull me over' sign really.

You haven't got a 1k old banger and they're going to really cheapen your Vee. Even more than those horrid black wheels! :p

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
None of them are legal.

If the Police stop you they aren't going to take any of notice when you say 'But Dubmeister say they're legal' or 'I have this bit of paper' you're just going to get a ticket and then probably another one because you've been arguing with them and you've annoyed him.

They're just a massive 'Please pull me over' sign really.

You haven't got a 1k old banger and they're going to really cheapen your Vee. Even more than those horrid black wheels! :p

You're wrong Revels...
If they have the BSAU145d number, the makers mark and postcode and are reflective with correct spacing they ARE legal.. :rasp:

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Its the font that has to be correct,and they must have bs number,a lot of people who get done for these plates have the wrong font(letter size and shape)the police only seem to be bothered if the plate is hard to read.,pressed plates on my last 3 cars over 5 years,never had a problem.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Alex @ Elite Car Care (the maker of said plates) pointed out that they are reflective, the do have the BSAU number on them plus the postcode where they were made. So technically they're legal as far as that goes but...

I still believe you will get pulled with them because of the lettering being raised ect..

Doesn't mean they're highly illegal but as Revels pointed out the Policeman ain't going to give a flying monkeys. He'll pull you and ticket you then will you spend 1k fighting it in court with your lawyer?

I assume a lot of coppers don't know every single law in the world, i've seen mentiones on here where people have educated the policeman and they have accepted the explanation so good luck with that.. you better hope it's Seb that pulls you over and not some power hungry Jobsworth!

PH2 172
Dubmeister give you a certificate with the plates that dvla have said that they need to supply with all legal pressed plates to show the police if they do end up getting pulled over. dvla told dubmeister as long as they have the BSAU number and postcode and supply the certificate then tis fine.