ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Waning light help please

182 Cup
Can anyone tell me what the orange warning light is on a 182 in the bottom right of the dash directly above the green shift light? It looks like an engine to me - can anyone also shed some light on possible causes?

Many thanks,

182 Cup
Cheers mate, can anyone confirm and possibly tell me what might be fubar'd? Car seems to be running ok for now.

Turn the ignition on while holding in the button on the wiper stalk, brings up diagnostics, Cycle through by pressing the button til you get to the ---- screen, each - has a fault and changes to a letter if there is a fault in the system. Can't remember the letters but the first one suggests Ignition problems, the last one suggests oil sensor problems

Get a hold of someone with a RSTuner and you'll now what's up with your machine.
Use the DFxxx codes for repair guidance.

A red missile
Is it not the emissions light?

Yep, thats what I thought straight away, just checked the handbook to confirm it. Had it happen to me, was a random thing, it was reset to see if it happened again by the garage that had just fitted a centre section of my exhaust - never happened again.

182 FF
It'll screw me if it is! MOT tomorrow!

Do a search on here for the emission light, there are loads of threads and am sure they will help you out for tomorrow. From what i gathered it doesn't nessecarily mean it will fail the emissions test, more that it's not meeting Renaults high emissions standard.

182 Cup
Sounds promising! Just checked with the MOT garage and they fortunately have Renault diagnostics, so if it's an issue at least they may be able to find the fault.

If that's the case I might just disconnect the battery for half an hour to see if the fault clears.