ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wanna change my car! advice please

ive paid my car off now so its mine to play with, i wanna change it but dont wanna get finance again, i want a clio and it needs to be fast so were probably looking at a mint valver or williams, are there any out there that are still in showroom condition? ill probably get about 6k for mine so with that money do u think ill be able to get a reasonable williams?

how much do u think its worth??

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1085426546__Dsc00181.jpg

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1085426607__Dsc00178.jpg

alternativly if u think i can get a renaultsport for around 7 or 8k i may be able to go for that option.

[Edited by renaultsport83 on 28 May 2004 at 9:02am]

not its just a dynamique with 20k on the clock, a1 condition, plus ive had fitted about 1k in mods, its just a matter of finding the right buyer.

Not a Clio

Are you dead set on another clio? Id take a gander through autotrader and see what else is available for your budget.

If you have all the original bits wouldnt it be better to put it back to its former glory??? Plus you can sell other bits seperate which could make you a little more ££££, thats what i would anyway....

Rob.

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels

BigBoreBri said he might be selling his Williams 3 with only 28,000 on the clock.

You can still pick up a mint williams. Got to look around tho and be prepared to look at a few dogs b4 you find "the one". Make sure that the owner has receipts for any work done including cam belt change (very important)

Before this turns into a Williams buying thread, make sure that you know what its like to own one in cash terms. At this point I feel like saying something like burn £200 in front of your eyes every month:cry:, but its not all that bad. Ive just had to spend £350 on tyres, £200 on bodywork and about £100 on miscellaneous bits and pieces - so Im feeling a bit poor!

Its just that the running costs on an older hot hatch can outweigh the relatively low price of buying it. You may want to consider a Ph1 172 as theyre staarting to enter Williams price territory now - just have a look at what the £5,000 to £7,000 price band throws up on Autotrader.

I make a prediction that there will be a whole load of Ph1 172 -v- Williams buying debates soon as the Willy price holds and the 172 starts to drop further. Of course, people would probably choose the newer 172 over a Valver and the prices will reflect this - but IMO itll be a different case with the Willy (whether its a justifiable case or not). :D