ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Want a 172, but ph1 or ph2????

Iceberg Ph1
Looks like the Ph1 are winning this battle :rasp:

End of the day, it is entirely your choice.. this is just a little input from each side.

IMO, a car is a car, from A to B with a bit of fun all cars from the ph1 to the cup are perfect for the job. Good luck with the purchase.. Don't forget of course, if you do find one you are wanting to maybe look at or purchase, drop the link into a thread (if online) or some details about it and I'm sure everyone on here would be happy to advise you more about what to look out for :approve:

Happy hunting!

Darren..

clio 172 phase 2
I have a phase 2 172 at the mo, got it after I sold the 182 & pocketed some cash:D.
Test drove a few phase1 172s and a couple of phase2 172s at the time. Between the two... NOTHING in it performance wise, nothing at all that would be noticed in everyday driving and a few b road blast's. So I decided to go for the phase2 as it looked far less dated with a better interior/equipment;)
One more thing...my 182 was no quicker than the 172s in a straight line in my opinion. That's the reason why I sold it and also freed up some needed cash in the proccess.

Honda & VW
after having both it's fairly obvious the Ph2 feels newer as it is.

However if you're talking about like for like in terms of mileage etc i'd say the Ph2 isn't worth the extra dosh.

But it all comes down to personal preferrence, if you're swaying to the Ph2 for looks then i think your mind is already made up.

1.2 mk2 phase 1
personally id go for the ph1 there a sweet little car not modern and nice and basic. who needs all the little electrical devices in the ph2. ph1 172 with a ph2 172 rear bumper just sets it off. always look sweet with that little touch