ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Want to move sky box.

White APE
So the GF has decided she wants to re arrange the bedroom. This means moving the sky box and at present the cable that runs in from outside isn't long enough to reach the new location.

I'm hoping I can get some connectors and a bit of cable and extend it myself?

evyhy4a3.jpg

That's the cable as it enters the room.

pudy8yhy.jpg

And the back if the box.

Is what I want to do an easy fix and if so can anyone link me to what I need to do it?

Cheers.

Arctic 182
Shouldn't be too much trouble mate. Id pop into Homebase/B&Q & get some 'F' connectors & a couple of F's. Grab a length or 2 of the twin cable for sky plus & away you go! Fit them like this, pop the coupler on & your good.

Edit: You could use eBay & the first link as above, but if it was me I couldn't be bothered to wait for delivery & would go to B&Q lol.

2e8ujetu.jpg
a5e7a4yq.jpg

8y8ypaha.jpg

Clio Sport 172
Yeah it's real easy I did it in my living room, extended it about 7m. As above you'll just need twin cable, 4 F's and 2 F connectors

doesnt make any difference really, the second cable is only so you can record one channel while watching another and also allows the tv guide to populate properly. you can buy either a double cable or 2x single cables. so long as you have 2 cables going into your sky box it'll be fine