ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Want to put a TOM TOM sat nav from a CLIO MK3 into my I-Music clio MK3 that does not have Sat nav

Clio MK3 i-music
Hi there,

I have just brought a 2010 clio mk3 1.2 I-Music car for my son.
Was wondering if anyone could help me and let me know if it is possible to fit a SAT NAV - TOM TOM from a clio MK3 into the vehicle and will it work?

Any help would be super. This is my current set up on the picture

Attachments

• top2.JPG
    top2.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 129
  Clio MK3 i-music
and i want to fit this, so do i need a new loom or wire harness?

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 156
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 132

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
You'll need the loom and associated gubbins to retrofit the satnav unit. Unless you pull it all out yourself or know all the bits are there, it's a pointless and expensive exercise.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Dashboard out, dash/interior wiring loom replaced, sat nav Ariel ran is all required as far as I know. And at that it's not a very good setup anyway!

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
You would be far better off replacing the standard stereo for something with android auto or apple car play and using Waze/Google Maps for nav instead.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  R27
I’ve done this with my Clio R27. Basically I bought a Tom Tom satnav and satnav housing off someone on eBay. Basically it’s a retro fitted satnav in the housing.

05123272-5519-4212-98B7-1EBE6862D60E.jpeg
83DFA0D2-6783-4216-B8D8-D3CFE4BBB353.jpeg
56D76D45-4071-4D44-A818-16B412625A3F.jpeg
F7BB2C0F-85D1-4343-9044-B7408DBCA221.jpeg

The next plan would be to buy the Garmin 65 Alexa and modify the housing to hold it within. Also to flock the housing to tidy it up a bit.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
I've just fitted a touch screen and other bits in the housing and have apple carplay/android auto. I've also made a version where my iPhone sits in the housing (with a wireless charger) and fills the front gap like it came out of the factory like that.

Some other people have fitted tablets (have a look on youtube).

This is the best direction to go in rather than fitting an outdated satnav.

ETA: If you still want to go ahead with your original plan, have a look at this link: https://clio197.net/threads/satnav.25757/

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  R27
No change of wiring. Just the power supply cable ran down to the cigarette lighter and that’s it. I could piggy back it off the cig lighter fuse point in the dash with a hardwire kit. But I can’t be arsed at the moment. 😊

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  R27
I've just fitted a touch screen and other bits in the housing and have apple carplay/android auto. I've also made a version where my iPhone sits in the housing (with a wireless charger) and fills the front gap like it came out of the factory.

You got pictures dude?

Clio MK3 i-music
ok super, so what is the best radio to put in place of the factory fitted one currently fitted? i dont want to spend too much but somthing to link to my i phone would be great i guess.