ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Want to put a TOM TOM sat nav from a CLIO MK3 into my I-Music clio MK3 that does not have Sat nav

Clio MK3 i-music
Hi there,

I have just brought a 2010 clio mk3 1.2 I-Music car for my son.
Was wondering if anyone could help me and let me know if it is possible to fit a SAT NAV - TOM TOM from a clio MK3 into the vehicle and will it work?

Any help would be super. This is my current set up on the picture

Attachments

• top2.JPG
    top2.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 297
  Clio MK3 i-music
and i want to fit this, so do i need a new loom or wire harness?

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 346
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 309
  Clio 197
You'll need the loom and associated gubbins to retrofit the satnav unit. Unless you pull it all out yourself or know all the bits are there, it's a pointless and expensive exercise.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Dashboard out, dash/interior wiring loom replaced, sat nav Ariel ran is all required as far as I know. And at that it's not a very good setup anyway!

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
You would be far better off replacing the standard stereo for something with android auto or apple car play and using Waze/Google Maps for nav instead.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
I’ve done this with my Clio R27. Basically I bought a Tom Tom satnav and satnav housing off someone on eBay. Basically it’s a retro fitted satnav in the housing.

05123272-5519-4212-98B7-1EBE6862D60E.jpeg
83DFA0D2-6783-4216-B8D8-D3CFE4BBB353.jpeg
56D76D45-4071-4D44-A818-16B412625A3F.jpeg
F7BB2C0F-85D1-4343-9044-B7408DBCA221.jpeg

The next plan would be to buy the Garmin 65 Alexa and modify the housing to hold it within. Also to flock the housing to tidy it up a bit.

Clio 197
I've just fitted a touch screen and other bits in the housing and have apple carplay/android auto. I've also made a version where my iPhone sits in the housing (with a wireless charger) and fills the front gap like it came out of the factory like that.

Some other people have fitted tablets (have a look on youtube).

This is the best direction to go in rather than fitting an outdated satnav.

ETA: If you still want to go ahead with your original plan, have a look at this link: https://clio197.net/threads/satnav.25757/

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
No change of wiring. Just the power supply cable ran down to the cigarette lighter and that’s it. I could piggy back it off the cig lighter fuse point in the dash with a hardwire kit. But I can’t be arsed at the moment. 😊

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
I've just fitted a touch screen and other bits in the housing and have apple carplay/android auto. I've also made a version where my iPhone sits in the housing (with a wireless charger) and fills the front gap like it came out of the factory.

You got pictures dude?

Clio MK3 i-music
ok super, so what is the best radio to put in place of the factory fitted one currently fitted? i dont want to spend too much but somthing to link to my i phone would be great i guess.