ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Want to upgrade track times, searching for recommendations

Renault Clio Throphy
Hi guys,
I own Renault Clio 4 Throphy for few months now and very pleased with the car, the handling is great and very fun on the track, the car feels little bit weak in high speed straights but in Israel we don't have long racing tracks because I don't feel that I need to upgrade the ECU.
The first thing the I did after the first track day with the car is upgrading the brakes, the stock brakes are rubish. I upgraded to Brembo Xtra rotors, endless mx72 brake pads with motul RBF 600 fluid and hell brake lines, after that upgrade I felt much much better on track with more confident.
The second upgrade was Toyo R888R tiers on 215/45/17 wheels and the car felt amazing on the track this Friday.
Now I am searching for the next upgrade, I know the car has amazing suspensions and spring but I am wondering how it will be with lowering spring on this car, someone here tried to put those on the 220 throphy ?
And my second question is, if someone tried antiroll bars on this car ? I'll be happy to hear about some upgrade you did to your car.
Thanks !

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I know you've just put semi-slicks on, but a set of full slicks will be quicker. Also stiffer anti-roll bars (sway bars) and bushes can help keep it flatter in the corners.

As above tho, you need tuition before loads more upgrades.

Clio 4 RS Trophy
I'll be upgrading my brakes too, and probably will try some Bilstein B8 with new OEM springs as soon as I feel the car needs new shocks.
But I do mainly spirited road driving on mountain roads, so my needs are a little bit different than yours.

Btw, did you remove the flaps in front of the front wheel arches. Removing them helps with brake cooling too.

Last edited:
  Renault Clio Throphy
Get some driving tuition. Will be the best money you spend con terms of making you faster.
Hi, Actually I did few and i feel much better, but my main idea was to make the cat faster, because from my side i feel i use all the car potential.
I know you've just put semi-slicks on, but a set of full slicks will be quicker. Also stiffer anti-roll bars (sway bars) and bushes can help keep it flatter in the corners.

As above tho, you need tuition before loads more upgrades.
We don't have slicks tires in Israel in those sizes like the Clio, about the anti roll bars and bushes witch one you can recommend for the Clio ?
I'll be upgrading my brakes too, and probably will try some Bilstein B8 with new OEM springs as soon as I feel the car needs new shocks.
But I do mainly spirited road driving on mountain roads, so my needs are a little bit different than yours.

Btw, did you remove the flaps in front of the front wheel arches. Removing them helps with brake cooling too.
No i didn't remove the flaps, actually i feel my breaks are great after i upgraded to endless brake pads with the RBF600 oil