ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wanting to remove center section

cliosport 182
got to the bottom of my rattleing exhaust, turns out to be the centre section, done a little searching and a few have removed there centre section infavour for a straight through pipe, from the cat to the rear boxes, can anyone tell me how much louder it will be a what type of sound i can expect, i know its not going to be anything like a stainless, also has anyone made there own or where to have one made, i running standard rear back box and standard cat, cheers

GW 200 Gone :( BG182
I did it on my old 172, made it 'slightly' louder, cost me 20 sheets mates rates at a local garage, just cut it out and sleeved it. Cant see it been much louder on the standard system tbh

Done it on mine as a temp fix as the flange broke one the silencer. Cost me £70 for a stainless steel straight through fitted.

Not massively louder but a nice noise. Like I said it was a temp fix.

cliosport 182
Done it on mine as a temp fix as the flange broke one the silencer. Cost me £70 for a stainless steel straight through fitted.

Not massively louder but a nice noise. Like I said it was a temp fix.

thats great not really looking for a noise increase, just to get rid of the baffle noise, you still have straight through on now or have you bought a new system cheers

Still got it now. Just bought a scorpion decat as well as the cat is in it's way out. I'll be getting an rs192 exhaust in the near future and run that with a decat.

cliosport 182
ive been offerd a k-tec stainless middle section, i dont know whever to go for that or just make a straight through, making my own will cost nowt as my mates pritty niffty with a welder, ;)

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I have done mine this week and it is f**king AWFUL!!! Might put the cat back on to quieten it down a bit

cliosport 182
I'm still keeping my standard cat, so shouldt be much louder, got to sound better than rattling baffles

Clio 182
Hi guys I am looking to do something quite similar.. I have bought a 182 last month and have so far wanted a bit more grunt but on the cheap for various financial reasons! (Savings for a 3 week trip to Australia but want a quick fix for a year or so) Basically totally standard exhaust system and my friend who works for ford and owns a lovely 2011 focus ST thinks I should just get the silencer removed and get a straight pipe welded in. He got this done at a local exhaust garage for £30 quid mates rates and says I should be expecting to pay £40. Now I have read a couple of disappointed people's posts above and am unsure what to do.. Anyone else have any answers on this subject? Yay or nay?

Thanks
Will

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
My 182 had standard back boxes with a straight thru pipe replacing the centre section, to me it seemed just as quiet and certainly was not loud, not sure if the centre section is just an expansion chamber anyway.

Replaced the above system with a stainless RS192 now and it is much louder/deeper sound, unless the centre box is rotted away, I wouldn't bother just for the sound.

Clio 182
Ah I see, I am having second thoughts now.. thanks for your help mate. I can't really think of any other ways to get more grunt on the cheap.. any ideas at all? I don't fancy spending 400 odd quid on a new system when mind is totally fine but just doesn't sound good.. hmm!

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
In my opinion you are better off getting a stainless cat back system. It will last a lot longer and improves the performance a lot as well. My 172 has a Scorpion system. It sounds good and acceleration is much better now