ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

**WARNING** Autotintdesign

One with a few more

DO NOT buy from them!! Here is why:

Purchased side mirrors for my Clio. I recieved an invoice for £70 and the money was out of my account for two days

The company then cancelled the wqhole transaction and I did not recieve my mirrors. The reason is that they mispriced the items. I contacted them and them contacted TRADING STANDARDS

They have now begun an investigation into the site due to illegal terms and condition and have told me what they have done to me is illegal. I conacted Autotints again with this information and was put through to the MANAGER of the company.

He told me he was going to not talk to me until I begin legal proceedings. SWORE at me! Insulted me and said he will never lose his job etc etc

I dont have the patience to take this further, but I wanted to warn people that this company do not sell their products legally and also breach every contract made by both parties by not actually going ahead with purchase until they decide its worth it

Am now conacting Max Power to advise them to not continue to endorse this website as they are trading illegally (embarrasing I know, but I REALLY wanted the mirrors!)

Shhh

Im afraid but Max Power wont take note of one complaint.

Seek about and find others that have not got the items ordered. Then goto them.

Can you not contact the bank too get the cash reversed, i assume you paid by switch or something. Credit Card companies will refund you...

Ring them.

One with a few more

I just wanted to let Max Power know they are endorsing a company wqhich is now currently under investigation

According to the bank they gave an authorisation code and the bank the company actually trade with is HSBC, so I may contact them

Octavia VRS

Quote: Originally posted by clairesclio on 08 July 2005

I dont have the patience to take this further,
i know its a pain in the ass but try and keep patient and get these rogues named and shamed. Did you or will you get your cash back?

One with a few more

Doesnt look like it as its an inter-bank thingy. But am in contact with their bank, hsbc

I maybe will take this further, as my boyfriends mum is a lawyer. I just dont want the whole matter to upset me more tbh

One with a few more

true, ill check that website out now, cheers. Ironically enough I got £30 back! I have no reason why they have withheld £40 at all and its something Im trying to get sorted by geting both my bank and theirs to contact each other

Shhh

Small claims is good as you can claim the cash back aswell. So i think its £25 too do it or so.

Just need names too put on the online forms, have your proof in order and then you can go from there.

I remember ages ago a forum that gave you advice on online small claims. Can take a while tho.

One with a few more

Lol, I didnt get any names, their accents threw me a bit!

The company are now not taking my calls (must have nomber recognising software) so I cant get specific names at all

One with a few more

lol, so bored youll call them up?! TBH, I dont want to do anything that will damage any case I have against them, i am just furious that these people even consider themselves a legitimate business

What with them and Renault UK!

Elise/VX220/R26

if you saw the sh*ttly little unit they operate out of in Leeds you wouldnt touch them. Always have some nasty looking cars in the car park too. I went in for a price on some wheels ages ago, they are pretty clueless unless you just want some neons or something

One with a few more

lol, I atually guessed this the minute I phoned them up today!! They sound really thick and arrogant. the salesman who originally spoke to me was quite nice, but he definitely did sounds clueless

One with a few more

Right, have actually found some other people who have been ripped off by these people. Were considering getting together to support an investigation into all cases and filling claims together :)

172 M69 eater

they were awesome wen i ordered some stuff 12 months back....

hope u get ur case sorted mind!!

Chocolate Bar™

id go through small claims. its taken me 2 and a half months to get a court date but it deffo looks as if im going to get summit out of them :)

One with a few more

Yeh, Im looking into it all. Tbh, it wouldnt be much of a fight with trading standards, a lawyer, the law and my bank behind me! Its quite possible HSBC are going to stop doing business with them as part of the transaction process

Renault Laguna Coupe

I know its a bit late, but you should ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS use a credit card when buying online. That way if things go wrong its the credit card companys problem.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 08 July 2005

I know its a bit late, but you should ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS use a credit card when buying online. That way if things go wrong its the credit card companys problem.

Sound bit of advice :cool:

One with a few more

If I had a credit card I would. Thats all well and good for people who have one!! lol. I refuse to give in to credit card temptation until I can get one just for credit rating

Skoda Fabia vRS

once they have took your money they have opened a contract with you to supply you the mirrors, they have breached this contract and therefore are breaking the law

we got told all about this at a training course a few weeks back, i work for Motor World

One with a few more

Yeh, I knew they had done this. And Trading Standards backed me up. I work in retail mself so I know all the rules. This is just an awful business who hopefully will se some serious consequences