ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

warning light (help)

gen 7 celica
Hey guys quick question. Was on my way back from work yesterday and the stop light and handbrake light came on at the same time, it flashed once then went off. It didn't do this again until leaving work tonight. the exact same spot as the night before and it again flashed once and not since. It is on a slight uphill left hand corner. Does any one know what is wrong? The car is a 182. Help appreciated. I was thinking dodgy sensor or something. any ideas?

Clio 172
check ur brake fluid level - if it slightly low when you go uphill / round corners the fluid can shift in the resevoir at the side where the sensor is and flash the light on for a second

182cup & 172 racecar
check ur brake fluid level - if it slightly low when you go uphill / round corners the fluid can shift in the resevoir at the side where the sensor is and flash the light on for a second
Correct, it happened on mine,same thing up a slight hill and slight left hand bend same place every day.Brake fluid

gen 7 celica
cheers guys have topped up now, it was really low. Have also noticed my power steering fluid is low. What can i fill this up with and will the low level be causing any damage?

CB600FS
If your brake fluid level is low, most likely means your pads are shagged, the idea of the light is to let you know when the levels low, which (in theory) means your pads are low.

cheers guys have topped up now, it was really low. Have also noticed my power steering fluid is low. What can i fill this up with and will the low level be causing any damage?

so long as it above the minimum its fine otherwsie top it up.