ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

warning lights a plenty !

Sinclair C5
just been out in my 02 plate clio 172, arrived at a car park which had an unexpected speed bump on arrival, after driving over the aforementioned speed hump numerous waring lights lit up , esp, battery, serv, stop, what looks like a gearbox, you name it it lit up!

after leaving the venue i was attending i was hoping fingers crossed it was one of those renault gremilns that is easily fixable (its happened to me before when waring lights have lit up and it was a sensor that had been knocked and it needed resetting by renault), anyway, when i started my car up all seemed fine and i was a relieved man!

2 miles down the road everything went wrong, all the warning lights lit up again, my radio turned off, wipers failed, lights went out, etc, etc. I know some may feel its daft but i continued the 3 miles to home and suprisingly made it! this looks to me like maybe a battery connection become disconnected or something simliar but being dark outside now and me being extremly pi55ed off i haven't looked.

anyone else had a similar problem as i would like to get this sorted asap. I tried to start the car when i pulled up at home but is was the pervarible dodo.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
Warine

sorry for the long post !

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
my car done the same when alternator had a major meltdown. started off with the stop light and handbreak. then one by one everything stoped

Sinclair C5
i had a new alternator fitted about 6 months ago, i'm hoping it ain't that ba5t4rd again.

Renaults are w4nk when they're faulty but great when they're running sweet, really annoys the hell out of me !

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
your telling me mate, ive got a company van. and have only used £10s worth of fuel in my car in the past month.but also in that time ive driven 4 times and each time its cost me about £250 for parts. its doin my pocket and my head in. but youve got to love the car
check your earth cables are not loose and all wires to alternator