ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warning lights on today.....

GR7

Shiny red R32

Help!

Three times today during a twenty mile journey, my airbag warning light came on and went off, and a light saying serv came on at the same time.

Other than looking in the manual, to see what, if anything, is mentioned about this, does anyone have any idea why these two lights came on and off several times. When I arrived home both were off.

Can anyone help please, or do I have to contact the dealer?

serv means Service?

and Airbag prolly means u know... :D

Id get it checked, might be a lose circuit wire, and its touching when u go over a bump or somethin. dont want ur Airbag inflating when u aint had an accident now do you!

With mine it was the seat belt pretentioners that were at fault, kinda came on and off when it felt like!! Renault sorted it in an hour though

Its - at least it was on mine - the wires/connectors under the front of the passenger seat. I used to have to just play around with them for a second and the light would go off. It used to also come on if the seat was move forward to let someone in the back......the dealer fixed it last visit - I think! :confused:

Youll probably find its the connectors under the passengers seat being loose. Dealer will sort it out very easily. Also, while the airbag warning light is enabled, the airbag system is disable. so no fear of them going off :)

GR7

Shiny red R32

Mat

Its OK I am well used to comments like that - dont worry, I can take it! ;)

Cars dont have to be thrashed all the time, but I am a pretty quick driver most of the time.

I had the same problem during the first 3000 km. During the first three attempts, the Reno workshop tigthened the wiring, but to no avail. The problem was solved after a faulty sensor (underneath passenger seat) was found at the fourth visit. Do send your car to the dealer asap. The light is very annoying.

Renault Laguna Coupe

GR - your Renault dealer should have a technote on this. Make sure they do the drivers side as well or youll be back at the garage before long. It is important to get this fixed as your entire airbag system is disarmed while the airbag light is on.

Exactly the same thing happened to my Clio. Ive had to take it in twice, to different dealers, to get fixed. Like others have said, it was a loose connection in the seatbelt pretensioners. Took no time at all to fix and they were already aware of the problem the second time round.

GR

This appened to me also.

Have you had any rear seat passengers lately, who have entered by moving the passenger seat forward? This tugs some of the connections under the passenger seat off, as the wires rub over the top of the multi-changer.

All I did was to make sure that all were securely connected, and as if by magic, the lights went off!!

Telford_Mike told me about this problem.

"Have you had any rear seat passengers lately, who have entered by moving the passenger seat forward? This tugs some of the connections under the passenger seat off, as the wires rub over the top of the multi-changer."

Anyone with a dirty mind could have found that funny :D

GR7

Shiny red R32

Thanks DW and everyone else. No rear passengers yet, in fact my back seats have never been sat on, just the same as my last car, no bums have been on them! More than two and I take the Beemer!!

I did slide the passenger seat forward yesterday to put my jacket on the back seat, maybe that was the cause of the warning light coming on. I will get someone to check it later in the week.

Thanks all xxxx :)