ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warning to anyone with Sky

BMW 328 Ci
Dont know if anyone else noticed this so I thought id give you a warning about those crafty buggers.

Yesterday, disguised in amongest all the normal crappy leaflets they send you with the Sky Magazine that go straight in the bin, was an "important notice". This states that from now on they can use all of your details for Marketing and Research, as well as giving it to 3rd parties who can contact you by post, phone, email and SMS, UNLESS you ring the number on the sheet. Tried yesterday and couldnt get though, typical.

Just thought it would be a nice warning before you start wondering where all the phonecalls are coming from.

Sky can be right gits sometimes, surly this would be something you have to opt into, not something you have to opt out of.

Renaultsport 220T
Thanks for the head's up on that one.

I've just called and had my name taken off their list.

B'tards.

:mad:

Mustang, S13, AX GT
They need you're permission before they can use you're information for marketing or share it with other companies as is stated in the data protection act...

172 Cup
sky2.jpg

F* it, I'm going to ring trading standards later.

6 p/minute to call them, sit on the phone for 15 minutes having gone through all manner of options and then another 5 minutes whilst the pillock on the other end of the line says I don't have an account with them and then, when he realised I did, he couldn't find where to remove me from the marketing pack.

f*****s.

Add that to my broadband woes and I'm quite ready to tell them to f* off and I'll go with Virgin instead.

Not a Clio
I don't even get the Sky Magazine. Had one issue then it just stopped. Not had anything in the post from them about this yet.

dont go through options when you're on the phone. just repeatedly dial 0#0#0#0#0#0# for a while and the computer will get confused and connect you to someone :)

Is it weird that I couldn't care less at all?
I'm sure they've always done it, because for the last month, I've been getting warranty people ringing me offering support for £9 a month, as my Sky box is nearly a year old..

"No thank you.. " and put the phone down, easy, Heh.