ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warranty on a import ?

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
this was brought up before someone on here reckoned you could get the 3rd year of warranty from renault for nothing,i asked at wolverhampton renault yesterday who new nothing about it?

When mine went in for its first sevice i asked them to look it up on their system, and they told me it did have 3 years. Thats without me having to ring Renault.
And yes, its an import

You don't need to do anything - it'll have the standard 3 year / 60k mile warranty regardless of whether it's an import...UNLESS it's a car intended for Cyprus. Then you only get 2 years - presumably it's exdendable though.

SLK 350
So just wondering, i have an import registered 10/03 which has developed an ABS/ESP fault in the last 3 weeks, basically Renault confirmed it was a cracked N/S R ABS sensor which was at fault. They didn't charge me for the diagnosis but said it would cost £180 (inc. labour) to fix.

Does this then mean that they were trying to con me out of £180 as surely this would be covered under warranty? Its only done 42,000.

Also the radio has since developed some sort of issue where its not accepting the code printed inside my logbook after disconnecting my battery briefly, so presumably this too would be covered?

Why are Renault dealers such a bump of inept fking chimps!!!

Thanks for the picture Lee, ill be taking this with me to the dealer and demanding they fix it at their own cost!

:) :) :)

Mini Cooper S sport
AFAIK there is a 'sliding scale' with warranties where they cover less of the cost in each year of it, so you might have to pay for part of it as it's in its last year - but they should at least cover some of it.That's what I was told when I had some suspension work done in year 2 on my 172. However I got out of paying it because they initially told me it was free...then a few weeks after after the work had been done they decided it wasn't and tried to claim a lot of the money back! NO way was I paying.

SLK 350
Sliding scale my backside though, a three year warranty is a three year warranty as far as im concerned - if they try and wriggle out of £180 worth of work on a safety feature then they can expect several very angry letters stating that Renault are seemingly willing to compromise the safety of its customer, sure watchdog like that sort of thing too. Although on suspension and tyres/brakepads its a little more wear and tear than a sensor i guess.

Anyway, thanks for the input ill get it booked in this week :)

Ad

MK2 FRS
I would be fighting hard for the ABS sensor. With regards the radio. Audio is only the first year import or not.

ozzyo99 said:
So just wondering, i have an import registered 10/03 which has developed an ABS/ESP fault in the last 3 weeks, basically Renault confirmed it was a cracked N/S R ABS sensor which was at fault. They didn't charge me for the diagnosis but said it would cost £180 (inc. labour) to fix.

Does this then mean that they were trying to con me out of £180 as surely this would be covered under warranty? Its only done 42,000.

Presumably, your warranty is good for about another 18000miles (til 60k obviously), or 10/06...there IS a sliding scale on the cover on some parts but it tends to affect parts subject to wear more than electrics.

Before you go off on one ask to see the ICM printout showing that there's 0% cover on the repair. It might be that they made an error and didn't check...who knows? On the other hand if they do show you it's got 0% cover you can always take it up with Renault UK.

BTW - your car being an import MIGHT be subject to only 2 years warranty cover. Depends where it was intended for - again, if they tell you it's out of warranty as of two years old, ask for the number for Renault Customer Services and see if they can help you out.

ozzyo99 said:
Also the radio has since developed some sort of issue where its not accepting the code printed inside my logbook after disconnecting my battery briefly, so presumably this too would be covered?

Who disconnected the battery? If it was the dealer they're obligated to switch your radio back on.
If you did it or some other company (ie, ICE installers etc) did it, it's down to you I'm afraid. Ring up the dealer and ask for a new code - you'll probably have to pay though.

ozzyo99 said:
Why are Renault dealers such a bump of inept fking chimps!!!
TO be perfectly honest with you, it's that sort of attitude that pisses off us dealership staff to such an extent we're unwilling to help you. I flat out refuse to serve people who insult me like that ;) lol
Go back and be polite, rather than making demands and insulting them and you might find you get better results.