ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warranty Question

Is the exhaust covered by the warranty? and how do I know if my car has 12 months or 36 months warranty? My 172 was brought from Motorpoint in Derby.

The reason I ask these two questions is after 21 months of carrying out any items under warranty on my car, my local Renault dealer is now saying certain things are not covered by the warranty (exhaust and rain sensor). I dont mind if they are not just want to know.

Cheers

Steve

to my knowledge, the exhaust is only covered for the 1st 6 months or so, and is also under a limited mileage policy

Its one year for the exhaust, they will pay up to 70% if its just over a year, but even then Renault exhausts are the most expensive (for an average car) that Ive ever seen...£500 JUST for the midsection!!!!!!! youre are better with an aftermarket replacement IMHO.

You can get a warrenty hand book fron Renault Uk

Lee

BMW M2C

Ive got a scanned copy of the warranty book courtesy of Griff. PM me your email addy if you want me to mail it over.

Under current Law, I was informed by a Trading Standards Officer, that under the "Sales of Goods" Act, you have 6, yes 6 yrs to claim, if Renault dispute this, see your local Trading Standards Officer

Also, although my car is brand new, I have just had ASCAR Exhausts from Sheffield make me up a S/Steel twin exit, one either side for my car, guaranteed for life, and a damned site cheaper than a replacement from Renault. Give them a call.

I had a 200 mile round trip to have mine done, but they look and sound good.