ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

warranty work ¬!!!!!

right my tailgate on our 172 has began to rust

took it to reno and at first they were willing to replace the complete tailgate under warranty but now they wanna just repair it

however im not happy with this and want ir replced as rust almost always comes back and the car is only 1 and half years old certainly this is taking the piss and not happy

have i got a case to reject the car again

I think its generally up to the dealer how they approach a problem like this.

It wont be a problem with the part, it will be a problem with the coating and painting process that occured during manufature. So if the rust is only minor and they do a proper job i.e. take it back to the metal, use the correct inhibitors/coatings, then paint it, it should be fine. The work should have the 8 year (or whatever it is) corrosion warranty.

Youll get nowhere trying to reject the car. Its 18 months old, so you will be deemed to have accepted it.

Do what you can to get a new tailgate, but you may have to accept a repair.