ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

was offered a swap...Temptation??

Peugeot 308
basically was offered a deal for my 172, not that im selling it...

Nissan Pulsar...93 reg in excellent condition with 300 proven horses onboard.

what do people make of them? i always saw them as mini-skylines lol.

opinions?

Daz

ITB'd 182...
gearbox's are weak. something to do with the fact that the engine is mounted fwd way? not sure tho

S

Ste 185

stick with the clio.i read up on them,the box isnt very strong when they are around 300 horse

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
love em if theyre tidy! watch the gear box as stated above though! and prepare to chuck money at it! as power is never enough power in one of them

RS 182 (titanium)
i agree with the above, me mate had a pulsar, gearbox went one month, then the clutch the next, very expensive repair bills i can tell ya,, rather him than me

02 172, 07 AstraVan
My Brother had one k reg, lovely car just a little over standard 220bhp was running bout 250, his example was cleaner inside outside underneath than any 12 month old car, i was impressed with them , think they are a little like marmite looks wise, thumbs up from me :)

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
i had one..... onlyh had it for a month... due to the fact that it had a problem and would only run smooth and full power 20% of the time.. and no garage would touch it due to the fact that it was an import and most had never come across one before... when it did run right it was quick but my mps would probably beat it !

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
It'll break down, daily, but when it works it'll re-arrange your organs with it's straight line speed... And by f**k they're an ugly, ugly car.

Dan

I wouldn't do it, sure they're fast as standard anyway (I read thta this one has 300bhp) They are very ugly though & look dated, you'll look like a proper boy racer in it too.

A Euro'd one...
I had one for a while. It was pushing just over 313bhp and my word was it fast! It was tuned by Autech in Japan and was designed for hill climbs. That car pretty much ate most cars alive with 0-60 coming up in around the low 4s.

The major problem with these cars are the gearboxes as already stated and its a big, expensive job to get done. Just play with the gears and make sure they dont crunch when changing. Also you have to service them regularly and change oil every 3000 miles.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Mate has had 3.

The biggest money pits in the world. Forever breaking down and they fall apart.

Keep the clio mate.