ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

In two minds

Clio 172 ph2
Guys need your opinions here.

So basically a put my car up for sale on gumtree the other day there for £2,000. And someone wants to buy it just not sure if am selling it to cheap or could I get more for it as I have spend a fair bit of money on the car (spec below)

So anyway a had a look at other cars to see what I could get for my money that would be as good or better than my Clio. And tbh there’s not a great deal.

What would you’s do keep enjoying my car adding bits and bobs to it or sell it for what I have been offered and buy maybe even a 182.

Al pop the spec below and a couple of pics

Spec..
Clio 172 2004 (iceberg silver)
Timing belt done at 35k
Power flex top right engine mount (brand new mount and Bush one month old)
Evol engineering lower gearbox mount ( 3months old)
Bmc air intake
Full custom exhaust system including decat (5months old)
Brand new brembo hc max groved discs at front with brand new pbs pads
brand new rear brembo discs and pads
Tow eye
Mono steering wheel
Just been serviced with shell helix.
Remapped last month by arc motorsport Kilmarnock (gi motorsport)

This car is in great condition for its age only one bad spot on the rear tail gate hardly noticeable. Alloys could all do with a refurb, stripped out rear interior (still have it in garage)
e1937c36c9d08c1370ac30f5edf0e6e1.jpg
ff08893ff150095f06fe31e4d8a07760.jpg
7c899e28d79f59460df7232be9823d70.jpg
4c063f0ed5afd8146da926220c95e02b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Fair price.. but there is just nothing for similar money. I've been in that position for the last two years. I've done 50k miles in mine, and it's been great. It's no cruiser but for what it is it does everything well. I want a 3 series but without adding 4k to the budget, there is nothing to sell for.

Clio 172 ph2
Fair price.. but there is just nothing for similar money. I've been in that position for the last two years. I've done 50k miles in mine, and it's been great. It's no cruiser but for what it is it does everything well. I want a 3 series but without adding 4k to the budget, there is nothing to sell for.

True I was maybe even looking at a 182 but after I think of how much I have spend on it I can’t seem to find a 182 for a similar price with a decent spec that I would like. On the other hand was considering a td04 glanza or is that me just looking for problems lol

RS Clio 182
I agree with the above - for looks and performance,theres nothing much better for the money. Same goes for all older RS Clio's / Meganes.

Clio 172 ph2
What about a glanza?? Small nippy lookswise ok. Getting rare. Or if I decided to keep my car is it an investment opportunity?

You've done well at that price IMO, don't think you'd see much more for it tbf. As for what £2k buys you, slim picking if you want a cheap fun car. Could buy an absolute dog of an EP3?

Clio 172 ph2
You've done well at that price IMO, don't think you'd see much more for it tbf. As for what £2k buys you, slim picking if you want a cheap fun car. Could buy an absolute dog of an EP3?

Well a bought the car for a grand spent £200 on exhaust system. £100 on tyres £200 on remap £200ish for the brakes all round uptated mounts about £70 in all. Service stuff say £40 quid or somthing. So av basically got my money back for the wee car. A must admit it’s been a joy to have and I stil love it.

But am in no rush to get rid tbh. If I kept it really next steps would be pms shift cage polycarbonate windows coilovers the list goes on.

We’re as I could put the money I get for the car in my savings bank and add bit by bit every month and buy another Clio with everything I want on it for between £4000/£5000

PH2 172
Guys need your opinions here.

So basically a put my car up for sale on gumtree the other day there for £2,000. And someone wants to buy it just not sure if am selling it to cheap or could I get more for it as I have spend a fair bit of money on the car (spec below)

So anyway a had a look at other cars to see what I could get for my money that would be as good or better than my Clio. And tbh there’s not a great deal.

What would you’s do keep enjoying my car adding bits and bobs to it or sell it for what I have been offered and buy maybe even a 182.

Al pop the spec below and a couple of pics

Spec..
Clio 172 2004 (iceberg silver)
Timing belt done at 35k
Power flex top right engine mount (brand new mount and Bush one month old)
Evol engineering lower gearbox mount ( 3months old)
Bmc air intake
Full custom exhaust system including decat (5months old)
Brand new brembo hc max groved discs at front with brand new pbs pads
brand new rear brembo discs and pads
Tow eye
Mono steering wheel
Just been serviced with shell helix.
Remapped last month by arc motorsport Kilmarnock (gi motorsport)

This car is in great condition for its age only one bad spot on the rear tail gate hardly noticeable. Alloys could all do with a refurb, stripped out rear interior (still have it in garage)View attachment 1372174View attachment 1372175View attachment 1372176View attachment 1372177

https://www.cliosport.net/threads/anyone-owned-this-on-here.819403/

As you were considering pooing away £2k on a higher mileage 182 of dubious heritage just 2 weeks ago, I`d suggest you slam dunk the cash on the devil you

know, as it is quite low mileage for it`s age, and you obviously want the same car without the suffering ( Therapy )

The cam belt may have been replaced 35k, but how long ago?

Have the full works package of aux, cam belt, dephaser, coolant & water pump renewed.

A full suspension refresh of shocks, springs, bushes, wheel bearings, inner & outer track rods plus the silly bits such as a new battery, radiator, A/C condenser

should keep you going till you get to the 100k plus problems.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
In a similar position with mine. Owned two and half years and I love it. I get spoilt with driving newer cars in work and often think I should ditch the 13 year old clio and get something newer.

Clio 172 ph2
In a similar position with mine. Owned two and half years and I love it. I get spoilt with driving newer cars in work and often think I should ditch the 13 year old clio and get something newer.

Exactly the same as my got my company demo and the Clio gets used maybe twice a week.

Hence the reason I don’t know if I am ready to part with it due to every time a drive it I love it lol.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Are you into doing trackdays or want too etc?

If you are maybe worth turning it into a hobby, do bits etc. Sounds like your s bit bored of it?.

Or sell and try something new, plenty of clios about when you return.

I appreciate its the best one, most are lol.

Clio 172 ph2
Are you into doing trackdays or want too etc?

If you are maybe worth turning it into a hobby, do bits etc. Sounds like your s bit bored of it?.

Or sell and try something new, plenty of clios about when you return.

I appreciate its the best one, most are lol.

Well I do plan on the odd track day but being in car sales can be difficult to find the balance for time off ie my weekend off and then if there’s a track day on at knockhill wen I am off lol.

Haha well saying that I could always ask my dad if I can borrow his ph1 haha. No doubt he would say no though knowing what my driving is like [emoji23][emoji23][emoji85]

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
A fellow car slug, lol.

The only thing I would say and there’s no negativity etc. With having a six month old time goes quickly lol. Messing about with cars has slowed down a lot, hence me keeping the rb for so long.

So if you fancy changing I’d say do it.

Clio 172 ph2
So guys decided to sell her. But going to buy another one haha[emoji108][emoji41]