ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

washer bottle removal

Clio 182 arctic
am i right in thinking that the only way to remove the screenwash bottle is to remove all the wiper linkages etc. i have what looks like mud in the bottle.

RB FF 182
Hi Mate.

I had to change my bottle recently and yes, you have to remove EVERYTHING! It's quite easy as long as your wiper arms haven't seized on (like mine were!). I ended up using a ball joint remover which got the arms off in 5 minutes! Be careful not to try and pry the wipers off with a lever, you could crack the windscreen.

Clio 182 arctic
Hi Mate.

I had to change my bottle recently and yes, you have to remove EVERYTHING! It's quite easy as long as your wiper arms haven't seized on (like mine were!). I ended up using a ball joint remover which got the arms off in 5 minutes! Be careful not to try and pry the wipers off with a lever, you could crack the windscreen.
cheers mate, and i know i had that issue yesterday, my plan was to remove the bottle but i got inside and saw all the silver parts of the linkage and tbh i just didnt fancy it.

RB FF 182
Yeah it's a stupid place for the bottle!! "if it ain't broke don't fix it!" lol

the linkage is only two bolts I think. It comes out fairly easy! Then the bottle is jus anoter two bolts and the pumps. My old one was black inside too, an apart from it emptying it's self over the drive faster than I could wash the windows, the jets still worked ok.

RB FF 182
Yep and I cracked the windscreen yesterday trying this, still siezed though and didnt get it off

I did mine too!!! Trying to save £45, cost me £70!! Lol try usin this on the wiper arms, mine came off fine!!

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_173425_langId_-1_categoryId_165469

Just put the "arms" underneath the wiper arm and then screw the bolt down on top of the wiper arm bolt. Lifts it up and off without any pressure to the window.... No crowbars required! Lol

Didn't do any damage to mine :)

2001 Clio Sport 172
so you had to replace your windscreen after it right? I'm jut gonna try and repair it, cracks from the edge of your windscreen are s**t though

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I did the exact same thing trying to get the wipers off. Replaced the windscreen and bought a wiper pulling tool which did the job in the end.

Golf GTD Mk7
so you had to replace your windscreen after it right? I'm jut gonna try and repair it, cracks from the edge of your windscreen are s**t though

How on earth you going to fix it? A crack is a crack surely? That little tool from halfords seems like a good idea to me. They are a b**ch to remove. Gave up trying with mine :mad:

2001 Clio Sport 172
as in getting the crack resin sealed (repaired)

Alot of cracks that window places say need replacing can actually be repaired, it's just money making really..