ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washer Bottle

Subaru WRX

Has anyone had this happen to there car, My washer bottle on my 02 plate 172 appears to have a crack in it, when you fill it up it empties in about ten minutes flat !! I know none off the pipes seem to have come off because when there is water in it every jet works !!

Not good in this weather as my screen is f**kin filthy, and to top it off Renault Birmingham cant get it in till 19th September because of courtesy cars !!

Does anyone know if this is covered by your warranty ??

Lee

BMW M2C

Have you tried Sutton Park Renault? They tend to get you in quicker, especially if you have to pay for the work!!! But if you must have a courtesy car expect a months wait at least.

i have it too infact mine now has had almost every fault going on the 172 lol my air con now only produces cold air unless you stick it upto like 25 or 26 then it gets bit warmer i have something in my boot lid some where thats rolling around

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

your not alone mate. mine cracked last weekend. I was told I must of hit something!! - I dont think so..

They ordered mine wednesday should be in this Friday- hopefully. as I drive 50 miles a day and my screen is about an inch thick with midgey guts!!

Mark,

This happened to my 02 172 and was covered fully by the warranty.

I live in Sutton Coldfield but always take my car to Renault Solihull, they are really good and when I had my car serviced i managed to blag a courtesy car, my car is an import and they have never batted an eyelid when having warranty work done there. Top garage!

Renault Solihull - 0121 254 7000

Lee

BMW M2C

Sutton have had mine twice for warranty stuff and mine is also an import. So far so good there too. I pass them every day so its easy for me to use them.

Subaru WRX

I too drive 50 mile a day an think I may need to chisel the crap off my windscreen its that bad !!

Cheers for the Solihull number, will give them a try as I pass solihull everyday to and from work so it wont be any hassel.

Just also been quoted 245 quid for a 24,000 mile servive is this a good price ??

Subaru WRX

Quote: Originally posted by dogmaul on 14 August 2003

i have it too infact mine now has had almost every fault going on the 172 lol my air con now only produces cold air unless you stick it upto like 25 or 26 then it gets bit warmer i have something in my boot lid some where thats rolling around
I seem to have had a few faults but as of yet my air con hasnt f**ked up !! fingers crossed !!!

oh and the water under rear bench and in spare wheel well (maybe that why its called a well lol) bent jacking point, 4k rattle etc etc

Had mine replaced on Tuesday under warrany, my car is an 02 plate also.

They showed me the bottle, it was cracked at the bottom where the gromit (their word) goes.

The guys at Renault are gonna get a load of cracked bottles back this week!!

172, Tiguan

dogmaul - i had the water in the car same place as you.

The rear window hadnt been fitted properly.

Though i found 14 pints in the spare wheel tray!

Quote: Originally posted by Mark_172 on 14 August 2003

and to top it off Renault Birmingham cant get it in till 19th September because of courtesy cars !!

Does anyone know if this is covered by your warranty ??
They fitted mine while I waited, its only a 30mins job. I watched them do it, they had to remove the wippers!!! :) Yes its covered by warranty

right well will tell them that tonight then grrrrr they wanted to charge me for diagnosing a fault with the rattle in the boot lid if it wasnt a warranty job i told them to go f**k them selfs lol and just fix it

Subaru WRX

Quote: Originally posted by VivJ on 14 August 2003
They fitted mine while I waited, its only a 30mins job. I watched them do it, they had to remove the wippers!!! :) Yes its covered by warranty
Cool at least I know it aint going to get charged for the work !!

Looking forward to getting a clean windscreen again !!! :)

Looks like im not the only one then, my cracked 2 weeks ago, still waiting for the part!!! Would have helped if the dealer ordered the right part in the first place!!!! Another day wasted at the Dealers!!.

Mk2 172

Last time i filled mine up, I think it took about 5 litres. My old 1.4rt only took about 2 litres.

Do they make one that holds slightly less water? A performance one fo rthe 172cup maybe?

ive now got to wait another 2 weeks!!! apparently theres no stock left in the UK and waiting for france to deliver