ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washer Pump

Evening, I think my washer pump has died.

The headlight washers are still working so kinda rules out the stalk. Neither front or back washers are working so I'm guessing its not just blockages and there is no noise when using washers without the headlights on.

It could be the relay I guess, but anyway I'll grab a pump from Renault tomorrow. Is it any easy job to fit, just usually getting to anything under the bonnet is a ball ache so I'm wondering if this will be the same!

Thanks, Andy.

clio 197 red
not to bad a job, just take the plastic trim away from the wiper arms and its just under there. should take no longer than an hour. def washer pump btw

Thanks for the info. I figured it would be by the bottle, but thought it might be obscured by umpteen other things, but sounds not too bad.
Cheers.

172Petey

Isnt it the same pump for both the windows and the headlights? Maybe check the relay or the fuse first. ?!

Pretty sure its seperate as there is a fuse for the headlight washers and a relay for the screen washers.

Also the headlight pump is working fine.

Went to the Sheffield Renault dealer and they wanted £39 for the pump and didn't have any! £16 for a genuine one on Euro, but on back order which is annoying, no idea how long I'll be waiting.

I've got a drinks bottle for the time being!

197 R27 F1 Team
might be worth checking with a multimeter the plug to see if any voltage is getting to the motor so you dont buy parts unnessaceraly, if you dont have a multimeter an easy way to check is get a 12v bulb and 2 bits of wire atach the wire to the bulb (use tape to hold the wire on the bulb if you havent got a holder for it) and push the button for the wipers

Clio 172 Cup
i had this problem with my clio. i solved it without buying a new motor unit.

first get the wipers off by giving them a firm thump on the wiper arm,just next to the bolt.this makes them pop right off, then with the wipers off remove the plastic below the windscreen to get at the water bottle.

then simply pull the washer motor unit out of the washer bottle and disconnect the cable from it. get a screw driver and prise the unit apart at the end with the 2 hose connectors. this will be a little hard but will come off, once you have this off you will see a washer with rubber in the middle which moves back and forth between the hose for front and rear washer jets(so both dont work together). you need to cut off any excess rubber sticking out from either side of the washer(caused by the rubber degrading), as this blocks the flow of water in the motor.

once cut down to size simply put washer motor unit back together and connect the hoses and power cable. stick it in the washer bottle and test it works. i would check the jets are functioning before putting the wipers back on as it is a rite james blunt to take them back off.

this should make the washers work good as new, worked for me anyway. did this about a year ago and works good as new with no problems.

mite save you a few quid,

tom