ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washer pump

cilo 172
Hi guys I know there's prob a guide on here somewhere but can't find it
anyway is there a way of getting the washer pump off without having to take off the wiper arms etc
and pics or guides would be a great help also part numbers for the new pump as I'm going to tackle it tomorrow hopefully
cheers

Hi guys I know there's prob a guide on here somewhere but can't find it
anyway is there a way of getting the washer pump off without having to take off the wiper arms etc
and pics or guides would be a great help also part numbers for the new pump as I'm going to tackle it tomorrow hopefully
cheers

Probably not no. the washer bottle is under the passenger scuttle, which need the wiper arms to come off to be able to remove it.

TBH though, any reason why you dont wanna remove them? If you get yourself a cheap balljoint splitter it takes all of 5 mins haha :)

Black 182 FF
I bought a wiper removal tool and it did the job, but Fred mentioned hitting the bottom of the wiper arm with your hand (IIRC) and that also worked for me.

Think I bought a new pump from ECP and it's been good for over a year now.

cilo 172
ok cheers guys ill give that ago then
just thought it would be a pain in the arse to take the wiper arms off and prob end up breaking something ha

Arctic 182
ok cheers guys ill give that ago then
just thought it would be a pain in the arse to take the wiper arms off and prob end up breaking something ha

You can do it without taking the wipers off, I've done it as have others.
You have to undo the passenger scuttle and lift it up, then you can reach under and pull the pump out.
It's quite fiddly, but it is possible.

Last edited:
  cilo 172
ok may give that ago first then does the pump just pull out? theres two pumps isn't there? which one is for the windows?

Arctic 182

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I would remove them...especially if the pump nearest the wing needs removing...I did mine and removed the wipers, scuttle panels, motor, and undid the bold holding washer bottle to be able to get in there...

cilo 172
ok well that's my task for tomorrow sorted then.
is it worth replacing both pumps or which one is just for the windows

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I did both. If ones gone, there is a chance the other one will not be too far behind. (Better safe than sorry). Make sure you get the right pump...as I ordered from ebay and got it wrong. No biggie...but was pain in arse reordering.