ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washers on clio 182

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Hi my windscreen washers have stopped working :mad: . The motor sounds like its still turning but ive heard the motor breaking is a common fault on these, front and back have stopped by the way so seems like its not just a blockage. Any ideas?

Audi TT 3.2 V6
ok mate, no need for the sarcastic reply.

it has been known for people to complain their washers arent working and then realise that they havent filled the washer bottle for 6months.

Dodgy one
The pipe might have come off the pump when youve been driving maybe, then the water will have drained and all you can hear is the pump working when you operate it. Just a thought ive not heard of many pumps packing in though

05 Clio DCi65/92 Surf 2.4
can you hear it pumping at all? I think when the pump fails it wont even spin up? washers on the dci went rubbish and cleaning everything out didnt help - I replaced them for £6ish each and they are good as new now.

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Carnt find any pipes off. Motor makes the usual sound and a tiny trickle comes out but if it was blocked pipes i doubt it would effect front and back right? am i right in saying that it's one pump for front and back? also anyone know if you can get a haynes manual for the 172/182? carn't find one anywhere!

Ph1 172
Mine did this. The washers stopped working, but it still made the humming noise. I had to remove the pump (easy - lift the scutlle panel and just tug the pump - it comes straight out). Then on the end of the pump the hoses attach to, unclip it so that the pump separates into two bits. inside there is a metal collar filled with rubber, this stops water going to the front or back as appropriate. Over time the rubber swells and blocks it up completely. Trim the rubber back just slightly proud of the metal collar. reassemble.

Carnt find any pipes off. Motor makes the usual sound and a tiny trickle comes out but if it was blocked pipes i doubt it would effect front and back right? am i right in saying that it's one pump for front and back? also anyone know if you can get a haynes manual for the 172/182? carn't find one anywhere!

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
thanks ed1801, great help, will let you know how i get on when i get chance to do it

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
sorted problem, motor was fine, pipes were clear just blocked at trhe ends. I tried a pin in the end weeks ago, compressor sorted it though with a bit of prodding from a pin afterwards