ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washers...

M235i / 172
Right ive had a search but a few more questions...

This is what its doing:
Sometimes when i pull the stalk to wash the front screen/headlights it would work fine...
Then last night, only the headlights would spray and nothing from the windscreen jets.
Then sometimes neither would wash and id hear like a "bzzzz..... bzzzz" as if the motor was trying to squirt twice.
Now this morning, Nothing, no motor sound no water from anywhere!!!

So 1, Is there a fuse for the pump located somewhere?
2, Is there one pump or two? like one for the front/back screen and one for the headlights?
And finally, best place to get them/part number etc?

Oh and the back wash has never worked since i had the car but i think that was just a pipe off as the pump would run and i could smell washer fluid in the car after.
Sorry for the essay, any help is appreciated :)

1 pump for front and rear, the pump runs a different way for the rear washer. If nothings working now its probably the motor or the fuse, the washer jets get blocked easy so sometimes its a good idea to take the pipe off the washer jet and blast the washer jet with compressed air, usually clears em out.

M235i / 172
Cheers mate, is there a pump for the headlight washers as well then? Also i take it the fuse is in the normal panel, inside pass side door?

Megane dci 130
Yes there is two pumps right next to each other. The only reason your headlight washers wernt working in the morning was because you probably didnt have your lights on. Sounds like its either frozen, fuse has gone, faulty pump. Its the pump on the left (iirc) when you look at the washer bottle.