ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

washing the car after a wax/clean job ? not nice

RS RIP
I brought the car away for a cleaning and waxjob, payed around 150 pounds. This is one of those companies that prep new cars to showroom status when sold.

Car looked spanking new after, really nice. However, now after washing, even during washing, you can feel some sort of reacting with the carsoap , it dries up funny too. It just does'nt feel smooth. Was expecting it to be smoother after the job

They were using 3M stuff. (got this in England ?)

Guess i've made a mistake bringing the car there ?

can i undo this ? Doing the job all over but with a genuinally good product-line ?

Clio mk3 1.2 Extreme
Have you run your finger down the side of the car? When you do does it feel lumpy and your not smooth at all. If so probably need to clay the car. This stips the paint work of all the contaminates that get in your paint work. This then means you can bring your car up to showroom shine

Titanium 182
If I was you buddy put your money into buying your own cleaning products, its much more rewarding and unless you're very pedantic about it you will get similar results.

ibiza cupra
yeah mate, sounds like it needs a bit of a claying. give it a good wash then clay it whilst it is wet. dry it off, polish it up then give it a few coats of wax to protect it and then you will feel the smoothness.

Golf GTD Mk7
sounds a bit wierd franx, either they have used crap products, or they haven't used it correctly. When it became wet did the water beed off? Sounds like they have done a s**te job though. Even if the car hadn't been clayed the wax should still work fine. If you clay your car now, all the wax and stuff you paid £150 for will be removed :)eek: you could get a full detail for that money).

Also, do you dry the car after washing it? What product do you use? Suggest getting some Meguiars shampoo plus, awersome stuff and will make the car nice and shiney after every wash.

RS RIP
yeah thanks guys, was thinking about getting a nice setup to trie it myself someday.

I even have a lot of white spicks coming through in some areas !? I think they rubbed all the way to the ground layer or something .. :S

The 3M stuff used , i noticed, is also the brandname for scotch-tape and those sorts of sticky chemical products here in Holland.. A very well known brand, but did'nt know they also did carcleaning-products. I'm thinking it is a very cheap product

What is needed for me to get (brand Maguires sounds familiar + easy to get here)
to do the job all over ? So what washing/foaming stuff + shealding/waxing product and tools ?

cheers

Golf GTD Mk7
what products can you get? I'm sure all the detailing companies ship abroad. try i4detailing.co.uk.

3M is good stuff, but didn't realise they made protective coating. thought it was just polishes.

How do you mean by white specks?

120d M Sport
3M are a huge chemical company and their car polishes are very well rated.

If anything the problems will be that the car hasn't been clayed prior to polishing, or it hasnt been waxed with something decent afterwards?

RS RIP
^^ right, maybe i have to go back there to ask what exactly they did. I remember that it was the "simple" version he sold me. The more expensive choice he said would make the car look like a mirror but therefore also really showing/bringing out the chipped surfaces/spots i have on the car.

may be time to get myelf a set of tools and spend some time on her myself