ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

washing the car, things that piss me off!

ok so apart form the superglued on bugs that WILL NOT COME OFF!!!! the thing that REALLY gets on my tits is when you dry it.. the grill just under the numberplate and how much water it seems to collect!!!!

how the hell are you suposed to get this dry? i wipe all the little squares and more water appears!!! so i do other parts of the car and come back to it, wipe again for afew mins then do another part of the car and then i come back to the grill and ITS STILL WET!!!! i mean wtf is this all about?

then there is the boot spoiler this has little drips comming from it for hours it seems or it did, i think iv managed to sus this out.. i now open the boot lift it up and down afew times and it seems to work.. look like a complete prat tho stood there wafting the boot up and down but hey it seems to work!

but i cannot sort out the front grill thing so how do u do it ? (and sometimes the fogs) <SCRIPT language=javascript>

[Edited by blaupunkt on 05 September 2004 at 12:38pm]

Skoda Fabia vRS

i presume this front grille is plastic yea ?

if so, then use Auto Glym Bumper Care on it, yes it will take AGES to apply into all the little squares, but, it will make the surface waterproof and all the water will bead off it, Meguiars detailing swaps will probably be ideal for this job

oh an for bugs, dunk a towel in some warm/hot water, place the towel over the area with bugs on it while your filling up your bucket, gettin the hose pipe out etc, then when you come to wash the car they should come off easier

[Edited by BRUN on 05 September 2004 at 12:45pm]

GR7

Shiny red R32

Blaupunkt - poke loads of non-applicator Tampax into the grille holes and they should absorb the moisture after a few minutes!! ;) :D

After you have washed it just reverse a little and apply the brakes......it makes the water trickle out. (It works even better if you reverse up a slope)

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

drying plastic grille!!?? bit obsessive no? its not like anyones going to notice.

aaahh but yeecup its not the grille its self, its all the water it drips onto the spoiler thing below and makes it hard to polish/wax etc it just really annoys me!

ahahah girlracer very funny! can i borrow yours? u can have them back when iv done :p ;) <SCRIPT language=javascript>

[Edited by blaupunkt on 05 September 2004 at 1:37pm]

I know it sounds stupid but close your eyes and blow hard onto the area.... face might get a bit wet but it works on my car

Little Newms

Quote: Originally posted by toms_cup on 05 September 2004

how about the dribble that comes down from under the mirrors....how annoying is that :mad:
Probably the most annoying thing. Makes it hard to dry the mirrors. Everytime you get near the edges, water leaps up from the gap and you end up wiping water back on the mirror:mad:

Quote: Originally posted by GirlRacer on 05 September 2004

Quote: Originally posted by blaupunkt on 05 September 2004

ahahah girlracer very funny! can i borrow yours? u can have them back when iv done :p ;) <SCRIPT language=javascript>

Just put them in the airing cupboard to dry out and you can re-use them the next time you wash your car!! :D

Maybe these two girlies will give you some of theirs!!:D

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1093912545__Jon1978A.jpg

ahaha no its ok i think i will go with out ;)

just finished washing my car and bugs are v hard 2 get off. tried using some halfords traffic film protector after washing and it did f all. just left marks on my paint where the spray had been :cry: they have faded now i think.