ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water collected somewhere after driving through floods.

Clio 172 Cup
Had to drive down some lanes that were flooded on Thursday night and when I parked up I could hear a lot of water sloshing backwards and forwards on the left hand side of the car. Got in it today and its still sloshing about.

I think its in the front wing. Does that sound feasible? Anywhere else it can collect?

How difficult is it to check the front wing if thats where it is?

Cheers.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
yeah id say it could get in the front wing seen as they are hollow and there are small holes in the jam against the door etc, dropped a sodding radio key thing in the wing of my clio haha. im not 100% on how to get it out though, double checked its not in your door ? if the drainage holes have blocked up it might be holding water. not many other places that would be able to hold water in on the front of the car

Phase 1 172, boxster
Could be in the inner sill's, use a piece of wire and try unblocking the sill drainage holes along the sill, see if water pisses out,

I had the same water sloshing noise so unblocked mine and about a pint came out