ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water Cooling Talk to me (but not for a PC)

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
know nothing about water cooling PC, so someone please enlighten me?

I don't want it for PC use, but I want to water cool a base plate. but on a small scale so im guessing a PC cooling system would be perfect, ive just not got a clue what I need?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Well in a normal setup you need:

Pump
Reservoir
Radiator(s)
Tubing
Fittings

& then you would have your waterblocks for CPU, GPU, MB etc but this would obviously be different for your application.

If you have more specific questions I can try and help out.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
ok thanks, so where would I buy such items? can I get a complete kit, im assuming there are different sizes?

Polo + Micra
you could also throw a TEC into the mix.

Would need some more power but might be able to get you below ambient.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Not sure what you need exactly? Recommendation for components? Sizings of tubings / fittings etc?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
sorry re lack of info
I know nothing about water cooling so don't know what im after.

what my plan is, is to take a 10mm thick plate of ally, machine a load of holes in it and tap them and then machine a channel out around the screws. then bolt another bit of ally to it, so I can pump water in and around the channel inside and keep whatever is mounted to it cool

simple

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
thanks, I only want something cheap to start with for testing purposes.

how often does the fluid need changing or doesn't it?

BMW M135i
The fluid = water

As long as it's got something in it to kill bacteria then it can be left. Normal antifreeze would be fine.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I've left mine for 2 years before changing, next time I change I'll be changing from clear tubing though I think, as it stains and needs to be changed also, Tygon R3603 is far from cheap as well.