ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water in drivers footwell. Help

PB Clio 172
Hey guys I know this has prob been said a few times on CS but what with all this rain I got into my car the other day drove down the road and water gushed out on my feet. It was lots of water and just got into my car and its done it again

what do I have to do to fix this?

any help would be great

work for BMW
get a gun and shoot out the floor like on top gear in africa haha :p

only jokes, im in plym at uni , i dont think its stopped raining in a looooong time

PB Clio 172
its shocking, not sure if its cause of all this rain or if my drainage thing is blocked, its never leaked before now

Scuttle drains are blocked. There is a guide on Meg Sport which I'm pretty sure has been posted on here before.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Hi guys.

I have been plagued by a flooded drivers footwell for the last month or so. I found the excellent guide on here about it most likely to be blocked sills or the amount of crud that builds up in the arch liner.

Unfortunatly neither of these worked.

I then removed the scuttle panel below the windscreen and it was flooded. Through rooting around in the recess I found a rubber grommet with a flap in the corner (far left looking from front), I pushed the gromet and the water gushed out.
That i thought was the end of my problem but it turns out there is another drainage grommet in the same cavity but below the wiper motor in the centre of the car.

I hope this helps anyone elso who has been having the same problem. I would have taken some pics but you are working blind by feel so no point.